And SOE adds another MMO to their belt..

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
As some know, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has been a see-saw ever since release in regards to its popularity.
With quotes of ~100k as the peak subscription of the member base, rumors surfaced about SOE doing something about it.

And.. the axe falls.

http://www.f13.net/

The axe finally fell. It was only a matter of time, I suppose. And while many of you may try to spin this to make SOE look bad, apparently this wasn't really their doing. You see, SOE doesn't own Sigil. It doesn't own Sigil now and they won't own them tomorrow. But they do own Vanguard. What fate awaits that game? I don't know. Don't particularly care either.

But I do know that at approximately 4:30PM today, Sigil employees were told to meet outside. At which point they were terminated. On the spot. By whom? Doesn't seem to have been Brad McQuaid, if it was, nobody is talking. But that doesn't seem like something he'd do. But I suppose the executioner is irrelevant since most folks secretly want it to be SOE and it wasn't. As it stands, people were told to come back tomorrow to do their paperwork and some may get hired by SOE.

I contacted SOE since I'm not in the business of burning bridges or spinning news and they had this to say:

"...an announcement is forthcoming tomorrow."

Update: There's some debate over this being ALL employees or just some of them. Obviously, it's not ALL of them - after all, someone had to do the firing. Let's just say that - from what I've heard - they don't have enough employees left to update a casual game... like Snood.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmor...wn-vg-sigil-fires-employees-4.html#post731058

A FOH VG Rep(?) Nino:
I will make an announcement tomorrow regarding my status...

So.. the announcement should be coming later today about Vanguard's future, I know the game isn't as popular as WoW or LoTRO, but just sad to see another game off to the MMO Graveyard known as SOE.

It may not die, but I highly doubt it will thrive after leaving Sigil's hands judging from past experiences with mmo's taken over by SOE.

I did play the game from release till 2 months post, but left due to feeling a lack of design and game flaws that remained untouched till now..

but just sad to see another game off to the MMO Graveyard known as SOE.

Or you could always look at it as the museum where SOE keeps alive MMO's that otherwise would have folded totally.

Vanguard was doomed from the start.

nobody wants to play the grind that was Brad's "vision" anymore.

props to SoE for saving it however, as i'm sure there are enough people that enjoy playing it to make it profitable.

:confused:

I posted this thread at Today, 01:32 AM. [May 15th]
That thread was created at Today, 12:29 PM [May 15th]

nearly 11 hours later.

And i said
So.. the announcement should be coming later today about Vanguard's future, I know the game isn't as popular as WoW or LoTRO, but just sad to see another game off to the MMO Graveyard known as SOE.

How about you read before you leap ? :rolleyes:

The fact that SOE had ties to this game is the main reason I never gave it a try. Looks like I made the right choice.

I'm confused by the the hatred for SOE, other then SWG what did they mess up so badly?

I'm confused by the the hatred for SOE, other then SWG what did they mess up so badly?

Just from my experience, SWG's decisions regarding either the Jedis or Combat definitely drove the game's members away.
SOE picked up MxO after it pretty much was at the near at the end of the lifespan, and it still is played but definitely not thriving.
Planetside: great game in concept but didn't reach financial success leading to poorer game play to come out of it.

All in all, it's not as if I am pointing the finger at SOE at killing MMOs per say, I view when games enter SOE's hands that their game membership usually either stabilizes then decreases slowly over time, never really thriving to its previous glory, hence the graveyard term.

Back