Android Automatic Uploading

Droc

2[H]4U
My wife takes a lot pf photos, and her Galaxy S5 usually fills to capacity every few weeks. For some reason, uploading to my PC for backup is always a struggle. Even on USB3.0, trying to copy over the DICM folder with 10,000 files can occasionally crash explorer and nuke the USB connection.

Is there any software that will automatically upload the photos from her phone, to local storage, when she is home on wifi? without user input? I would be a happy man if when she plugged her phone in at night, that it would just upload everything to my PC.

Why not just let Google Photos upload it all to her Google account? Unlimited space and Photos will upload automatically any time she's on WiFi. Then when she's out of space there's a "Free up space" feature in Photos that will delete all uploaded photos for you.

I use that method for myself and my wife's iPhone.

Why not just let Google Photos upload it all to her Google account? Unlimited space and Photos will upload automatically any time she's on WiFi. Then when she's out of space there's a "Free up space" feature in Photos that will delete all uploaded photos for you.

I use that method for myself and my wife's iPhone.
Unlimited? I thought google drive was only 17GB, and she does that in a month.

Google photo is unlimited as long as you don't exceed 16mp in resolution and 1080p for video.

Google photo is unlimited as long as you don't exceed 16mp in resolution and 1080p for video.

What he said. Google will automatically shrink the file if it is "too large" if you use the free unlimited storage. For phone photos I find that to be more than adequate. I have about 6,500 photos sitting in there right now. My wife is probably greater than that even lol.

Plus there's lots of little bonuses from using Photos. The Photo Assistant does all types of cool things like make animated gifs, movies, collages and albums without you having to do a thing. For example tomorrow the wife and I are taking our kids to the farm nearby to play on the slides and whatnot. I'll take a large amount of pictures and when I get back home and hit the WiFi they'll all be uploaded. Then a few minutes later I'll get notifications about "Your trip to the farm" which will be an album dedicated to just the trip to the farm. Then I'll get animated gifs from burst shots I'll take of the kids going down slides. Then I'll probably get a 30 second movie as well. It's all very cool stuff.

You can also use Flickr, which gives you 1TB of space for free and uploads automatically.

The Onedrive app can also do this if you're a sub or have lots of storage kicking around.

Back