Android Phone With Screen Like Nokia Lumia

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a great deal on a Nokia Lumia 820 on eBay so I've been playing around with it as an experiment. The most unexpected thing about it is how *awesome* the ClearBlack Display is.

I've done some googling but I'm just more confused about the technology.

I'm normally an Android guy, so which Android devices (preferably GSM) have similar/better displays?

Any phone S-AMOLED (successor to the AMOLED used in the 820) display will give you better image than that specially in sharpness and resolution.. mostly samsung devices and few others..

Any phone S-AMOLED (successor to the AMOLED used in the 820) display will give you better image than that specially in sharpness and resolution.. mostly samsung devices and few others..

it's not really the pixel count that has amazed me -- it's the clarity of the display and the richness of the color. I think this one is only 800x480 but that's fine (to me) if the clarity is good.

it's not really the pixel count that has amazed me -- it's the clarity of the display and the richness of the color. I think this one is only 800x480 but that's fine (to me) if the clarity is good.

Yeah, that's the AMOLED display at work. You'll see the same qualities (but also at a much higher resolution) in any newer Samsung phone and the newer Motorola flagships (Moto X and probably its upcoming successor). I loved my Note 2 display for the same reasons and kinda miss it now that I have a One M8 despite its much higher resolution/pixel density. Not that the SLCD3s are bad, but the infinite contrast ratio of SAMOLED is just constantly impresses me. I can't wait to get a TV/monitor with the same tech in it now that plasma is dead.

The only thing that kinda sucked on AMOLEDs until the current generation of them was the color accuracy and bightness levels. But all of that seems to have been fixed for the most part on the latest Note 3 and GS5 phones.

Yeah, that's the AMOLED display at work. You'll see the same qualities (but also at a much higher resolution) in any newer Samsung phone and the newer Motorola flagships (Moto X and probably its upcoming successor). I loved my Note 2 display for the same reasons and kinda miss it now that I have a One M8 despite its much higher resolution/pixel density. Not that the SLCD3s are bad, but the infinite contrast ratio of SAMOLED is just constantly impresses me. I can't wait to get a TV/monitor with the same tech in it now that plasma is dead.

The only thing that kinda sucked on AMOLEDs until the current generation of them was the color accuracy and bightness levels. But all of that seems to have been fixed for the most part on the latest Note 3 and GS5 phones.

I got turned off of Samsung when my wife and I *both* had our Galaxy S2's melt down on us (figuratively in my case, literally in hers). The Samsungs seem built to last just long enough to escape the warranty and then crap out.

I *will* though be taking a look at the Moto X

just a note for Samsung phones: if you want a stable custom ROM, try to find one with a Qualcomm CPU instead of Exynos

a lot of Exynos custom ROM devs are burnt out from the lack of support and documentation

I got a great deal on a Nokia Lumia 820 on eBay so I've been playing around with it as an experiment. The most unexpected thing about it is how *awesome* the ClearBlack Display is.

I've done some googling but I'm just more confused about the technology.

I'm normally an Android guy, so which Android devices (preferably GSM) have similar/better displays?

As said.... most higher-end Samsung displays have this same kind of display... AMOLED.

Check out the Note2/3 or GS4/5... I would steer clear of the GS3... its display has that "pop" you talk about, but, IMO at least, the colour palette is terrible.

what I like about AMOLED is the black level at the night. you can not find the boarders of the screen from the phone if you have watching a movie with dark scenes.
I first find it in G2 then in my note2 and the best phone have it is note3.
so any Samsung phone with AMOLED technology will do it.

Back