animated desktop bg

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
I have vista ultimate, so I would use dreamscape.

My question is, can you make a flash video and then convert it into a wmv for use with dreamscape?

Dreamscene can handle wmv and mp4 videos as far as I know. Haven't used it in a while but... guess I should look into that once again, haven't touched Dreamscene for 2 years, wonder if it's any better with Windows 7. Probably isn't but might as well test it just to be sure.

Edit: Requires a hack in Windows 7 as Dreamscene is "officially" dead now...

http://www.blogsdna.com/2011/how-to-install-enable-dreamscene-in-windows-7.htm

It's a bitch to get this to work properly given the installation instructions provided (they don't work). Get the .exe, extract it to a folder, run an Admin Command Prompt, go into that folder in the command prompt, run the .cmd and then you should have success - that's what I had to do). Simply running the .exe with Admin rights was never successful so I had to do it the hard way.

I have vista ultimate, so I would use dreamscape.

My question is, can you make a flash video and then convert it into a wmv for use with dreamscape?

yes, it should work fine :)
the tricky part is to make a perfect loop in the video, so that it seems continuous

This might be a bit off topic, but I had used the DVD of Iron Man to pull the opening selection screen as my DreamScape background. It looked pretty cool IMO. I would be a nice extra on some of the collectors editions of dvd/blu rays if they would include things like the screens of the suit being rendered in Iron Man, or the DNA sequence screens from the Hulk, the Matrix screens...etc. I think if they did this, Dream Scape would be a 'hit' with more people.

note this, if you want to learn how to convert any file to whatever, in google type : ___ to ___

in your case: flash to wmv or flv to wmv

Back