Another 24" help thread

Arkons

n00b
Hi,

I am buying a new 24'' display in the sub-$300 range. So far I've narrowed down to

BenQ E2400HD
Samsung 2443BW-HAS
BenQ G2400WD
Samsung SyncMaster T240

Any other 24'' that people would recommend?

I really actually want a glossy screen but can't seem to find any good ones. Anyone know of a glossy that is around the $300 range?

I really hear good things about the syncmaster for everything but gaming. Is the response time really high enough to make a difference? I just looked at the price for it at a couple of other sites and the price seems to be much higher than the site I'm looking on, which has it sub-300.
Thanks for the help.

If your talking about the Dell Ultrasharp 2408 its $689

And Arkons you might want to check out http://www.ncixus.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=Benq :D Im just about to order a G2400WD from there comes to $355 shipped fully insured with a zero dead pixel guarantee.

Definitely already looking into the G2400WD ... it's already on my list in fact ;p and yea im going through nxicus as well.

how about hp 2408?

This is going to be a present from my gf and the limit is $300. If anyone knows of a place to get the hp 2408 at a price lower than $300 I would love to know? Is the hp2408 glossy?

G2400WD is cheaper and in my price range. I hear the V2400W isn't much of an upgrade over the G2400WD.

Im probably going to end up going with the G2400WD unless I can find a suitable glossy.

Look at FS/FT forum for the HP2408. I've got a guy holding one for me for another month @ $300 shipped.

All of these are pretty good monitors. The V2400W and G2400WD are identical except for price and aesthetics.

I'd take the 1920x1200 monitors over the 1920x1080 monitors for the extra flexibility due to higher resolution though. My only issue with the V2400W/G2400WD is that it won't do 1680x1050 1:1 pixel mapped, as it stretches it to full screen. Otherwise quite good for gaming.

The Samsungs should be good too, but input lag is unknown. The BenQs are quite good in that regard.

Hi,

I am buying a new 24'' display in the sub-$300 range. So far I've narrowed down to

BenQ E2400HD
Samsung 2443BW-HAS
BenQ G2400WD
Samsung SyncMaster T240

Any other 24'' that people would recommend?

I really actually want a glossy screen but can't seem to find any good ones. Anyone know of a glossy that is around the $300 range?

I really hear good things about the syncmaster for everything but gaming. Is the response time really high enough to make a difference? I just looked at the price for it at a couple of other sites and the price seems to be much higher than the site I'm looking on, which has it sub-300.
Thanks for the help.

Is the hp2408 glossy?
....[snip].....
Im probably going to end up going with the G2400WD unless I can find a suitable glossy.

The Hewlitt Packard w2408h LCD monitor is glossy. It's very handsome, but I don't think I would be as happy with a glossy as I would with a matte.

. My only issue with the V2400W/G2400WD is that it won't do 1680x1050 1:1 pixel mapped, as it stretches it to full screen. Otherwise quite good for gaming.

Wow, glad I read that. I assumed it could do 1680 x 1050 1:1

So if a monitor is stated to be able to do 1:1, does that mean with any available resolutions, or just with specific resolutions noted?

The Hewlitt Packard w2408h LCD monitor is glossy. It's very handsome, but I don't think I would be as happy with a glossy as I would with a matte.

Definitely am into this monitor. I cannot find one for $300 or under, or even close to that.
Was thinking about going a bit smaller with the w2207h

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176091

I'd feel pretty silly dropping the 2 inches and higher resolution for a glossy screen tho.
Anyone know of a w2408h going for close to $300 ($400+ isn't close ;p)

Went with the HP w2408h. Found a special at office max for $399 before tax. There's a bunch of coupon codes floating around for $30 off an order of $200+. The problem is it is tough to find one online that hasn't been used. However if you call it in, and you're really nice (like me) you can get the job done. She went and grabbed an extra code she had lying around but said the offer number was #1491802111180820. If you mention it you might be able to get it done. ymmv.

Got mine for $403 out the door and I owe my gf 103 bucks. Thanks all for your help. I am supremely happy with this.

Since I'm considering buying either a V2400 or a T240, I'd also like to know the answer to this.

bump.

Purchased my BenQ G2400WD and love it, I bought it strictly for PC and PS3 gaming, I have no regrets at all. The picture on the PS3 is fucking insane via hdmi 1080p and I cant feel any lag on the PS3 or the PC while gaming. Wish I could take pictures of the quality for street fighter hd remix and tekken 5 DR, but my gf's camera died ;/

only thing I wasnt happy with is the price, it seemed a bit higher than most, I went through newegg though.

I just got the Samsung T240 to replace my CRT gaming monitor and I was worried about ghosting when moving fast in my FPS games, but there is none. The picture quality is fantastic, 20,000:1 DCR! My vote definitely goes to the Samsung. Just make sure its the T240 not the T240HD as they have higher input lag!

If the Samsung T240 is in the price range with the others for you then that's the one I'd be buying. It's stated to have excellent colors for a TN panel and Samsung is always a top brand to go with for LCD's.

The Samsung T240 is, no doubt, a nice panel. It seems almost on par with the V2400, except for the slightly slower response time (5ms vs 2ms on the V2400). I'm not a huge fan of the big bezel on the samsung, but that can be overlooked.

I don't do much gaming. Some EVE: Online, maybe Splinter Cell or the occasional Call of Duty or something similar. I do more Photoshop/Lightroom work and general webbrowsing.

Samsung T240 and Benq V2400 are approximately the same price. Both reviews on here seem great, but I guess more people lean towards the Samsung, eh?

I was looking at all these monitors a week ago, and decided on a Dell E248WFP reburbished from the Dell outlet. My budget was ~$250, and I got it shipped for ~$235 shipped after the 15% coupon.

I was looking for a decent response time/ low input lag (TN panel), that still had good color/ black levels.
This monitor will mainly be used for gaming with the rig in my sig, and some amateur photo/graphic work.

The monitor should be here in a few days, and I hope it is what I was looking for.

If was able to spend $~300 I would have picked up the BenQ G2400WD over the Samsung/HP models, and even the Dell I ordered. No matter what you pick up you will be happy, but from the reviews I have read I would say:

Samsung 240HD < HP w2408h < BenQ V2400/G2400WD

I currently have a 19" LG TN panel and searching for a 24" to put next to it. I'd like to either put the BenQ G2400WD or LG W2442PA (300, 265 respectively at NCIXUS). I'm leaning towards the LG because I've used LG panels for many years and have been quite happy with their screens and overall build quality. The only drawback with this panel is that it's 1920x1080. I'm torn because the BenQ is 1920x1200 and well regarded, but am tempted to get the LG panel because it's cheaper and for aesthetic reasons. Some people seem to make a big deal about 16:9 vs 16:10 but I'm not sure I'll miss the 120 pixels with a dual screen set up.

Any advice out there?

The Samsung T240 is, no doubt, a nice panel. It seems almost on par with the V2400, except for the slightly slower response time (5ms vs 2ms on the V2400). I'm not a huge fan of the big bezel on the samsung, but that can be overlooked.

I don't do much gaming. Some EVE: Online, maybe Splinter Cell or the occasional Call of Duty or something similar. I do more Photoshop/Lightroom work and general webbrowsing.

Samsung T240 and Benq V2400 are approximately the same price. Both reviews on here seem great, but I guess more people lean towards the Samsung, eh?

Well the most important thing to me is the color accuracy of a monitor and whether the colors are vibrant or dull and washed out. I have a Dell 2007wfp 20.1" now which has an S-IPS panel so the colors are very good. But I ordered a couple of Samsung T240's a week ago from NCIX when they were going for a price I couldn't pass up. I'll compare it to my Dell once I get them next week. I've been looking at user reviews of the LCD though and most everyone is saying the color production is excellent for a TN. It would be interesting to compare it to the Benq V2400 though.

How about this:

Samsung 245bw or Westinghouse L2410NM (they are the same price for me)? The Westinghouse looks brilliant, but does the 8ms response time causes bad ghosting or input lag?

Is NCIXUS canada only, or is it more expensive to ship to US?

They have the G2400WD like 70 bucks cheaper list than everywhere else. I would return my T220 right now if that price is right and it will be reasonable priced to ship to me in Florida!
It specifies that US RMAs get sent to Washington, but it's not clear about purchases. Won't be worth it if I need to pay customs

I purchased the T240; I find it to be a strikingly beautiful display both in image quality and in bezel design. It very well blends into chic surroundings.

Is NCIXUS canada only, or is it more expensive to ship to US?

They have the G2400WD like 70 bucks cheaper list than everywhere else. I would return my T220 right now if that price is right and it will be reasonable priced to ship to me in Florida!
It specifies that US RMAs get sent to Washington, but it's not clear about purchases. Won't be worth it if I need to pay customs

NCIXUS.com is for the U.S. and in the U.S., and NCIX.com is for Canada. Don't worry about where they ship from, because they use distributors and ship from warehouses around the country, and they are all in the U.S. as well for Americans. RMAs go to their location specifically because they have to process them before they send them back to distribution.

[H]adouken;1033543411 said:
How about this:

Samsung 245bw or Westinghouse L2410NM (they are the same price for me)? The Westinghouse looks brilliant, but does the 8ms response time causes bad ghosting or input lag?

Other than a touch of lag, the Westy is great, but reliability is a major issue with these things. They are not made by Westinghouse, and RMAs are a nightmare.

@[H]adouken (and others):

You can't go wrong with a 245BW. I had one for about 6 months before it got killed riding in my car. Good colors, no ghosting, laser sharp text.

I just got a 2433BW to replace it, and it is outstanding as well. I have had, or been responsible for the purchase of, about 10 samsung lcd displays and have never been disappointed. I picked up the 2433 from a b&m (sam's club) for $285. No waiting on rebates, no unpredictable shipping, and I could take it back easily it it was borked up.

cheers and good luck.

NCIXUS.com is for the U.S. and in the U.S., and NCIX.com is for Canada. Don't worry about where they ship from, because they use distributors and ship from warehouses around the country, and they are all in the U.S. as well for Americans. RMAs go to their location specifically because they have to process them before they send them back to distribution.

Other than a touch of lag, the Westy is great, but reliability is a major issue with these things. They are not made by Westinghouse, and RMAs are a nightmare.

Thanks. The G2400WD just went on sale again so I'm having my buddy order it for me first thing tomorrow morning.

Back goes the T220, nice screen, but Id rather one of the best TN 24" for the same price!

Back