Another Bad Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

trungerz

Limp Gawd
Hi - I'm not having much luck this month with sellers..

Here's my story:

I purchased the Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard in this thread. The one where he stated the pins look bent, but really are not.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1696844

I asked if he tested the motherboard and he said he did and it worked fine before I purchased it from him. His heatware isn't a lot, but it was positive so I purchased it.

When I received the motherboard, I was suprised to see that it was shipped in it's original box, with nothing else protecting it.

Upon opening the box, there are roughly 5-6 pins that are definitely bent forward. They don't just look bent, they are bent. There was no cpu cover on the pins either. However, if you know the ASUS ROG Series, the motherboard is covered by a clear plastic cover, so I assume there was no way the pins were bent in shipping.

Also, upon further inspection, one of the corners of the motherboard where the LED status display is severely bent and the PCB Board is cracked. I'm pretty certain this was due to him not properly shipping the item.

I PM'd him immediately when I saw this, and got no response for 5 days. I submitted a claim to PayPal for a refund and he denied my refund with this message "Seller: The board was exactly as described when it shipped. If it was damaged in shipping, the only thing I can do is tell you to file a claim." I've escalated the claim to PayPal and will just wait.

Even if it was damaged in shipping, which is was, isn't it up to the seller to claim since the item didn't arrive how he sent it?

After the fact, I see this thread below from the summer.. I really wish the buyer in the thread below had left some neutral or negative HEAT to warn others. From his HEAT, he appears to be a good seller, but not very active. I will defintely be leaving negative HEAT, unless he resolves this.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1700665&highlight=computerparts

I have still not heard from him through PM, and just the one statement inside of PayPal. I wanted to try to work this out between us, but now I want others to be aware of his selling behaviors.

Thanks

Damn man, that sucks. You are having some really bad luck with sellers, can you post a couple of pics of the damage?

:/ sorry you had to go through that.

I know that feel bro. Thanks for the update though.

A few pics:

Your host is tripping malware indicators, pictures removed. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that last pic is nasty. That is not how he described it at all. Good luck, hope you get your money back.

Yeah that is fawked right there, how did the box look? Should be a pretty good mark on the box if it was from shipping. Even so the retail box is NOT a acceptable way to ship. That would be on the seller either way. What service was it shipped through and was it insured?

It was shipped via UPS.. I'm not sure if it was insured.. I did notice that it only states that the package was 1lb, and unsure how it got through UPS like that.. it's close to 5.5lbs.

Your host is tripping malware indicators, pictures removed. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't see how an experienced seller and someone who has worked with computer parts could possibly think you can ship a motherboard like this. I've had more padding for power supplys and windows 7 dvd disk covers!

argh

It is the sellers responsibility to file the claim. Since he is the one that shipped it and paid to do so. Depending on how he shipped it and what carrier, it may not even have insurance. Unless he purchased it when paying for the shipping and tracking. Hopefully the seller will do the correct thing on it. Thanks

UPS I believe has a $200 general coverage on their packages but you have to state the value when its shipped, either way its not your problem. Its his.

UPS comes with a basic $100 insurance on all packages. I believe it is $1 per $100 after that up to a certain amount. At the very least, he can file a claim for $100. He will need pictures or the damaged component, pictures of the box and all packing materials.

If UPS deems that the item wasn't adequately packged, they will deny the claim pretty quickly. From your description, that motherboard was FAR from adaqutely packed :(

Sorry mate, sucks to hear you had another issue. Makes it much harder for new sellers like me to be given a chance :(

the best advice I can give new sellers is be ready to ship first to people with Good (thats 20+ positive no negative) feedback, just make sure at least some of the feeedback is recent (within last month or 2) Thats how I started and it worked out well.

UPS will reject any claim that isn't double boxed. The shipper is responsible for properly packaging the item. Even if they would cover it shipping insurance covers the SHIPPER. This is why I laugh at sellers who say it's up the to buyer to purchase insurance. It doesn't cover them at all.

File the claim and send those pics along.

As a seller, it's my responsibility to get the item into the buyer's hands as described. If it is damaged before it reaches you, it's on me to make it right.

He should've issued a refund, and dealt with UPS insurance himself.

OP the problem sometimes with heatware is people are afraid to leave negative feedback because they will get one back.

always search the username in google before anything you will find alot more info about the person. even with all this their are still sellers here that are a shady bunch. just got to do your research.

looks like UPS banged the shite out of the box
the bent pins could be from the shipping damage they bend pretty easy cover or not if you drop it the wrong way they will bend/break i have seen it
this is why proper packaging is a MUST
I always double box and double bubble wrap anything I shipp
UPS likes to see at least 3-6 inch of packing peanuts and at least 3 inchs of bubble wrap or they will denie it
all UPS packages have a 100 dollars worth of insurance and its a extra 2 dollars for every 100 dollars worth of insurance this is global it makes me sorta sneer when sellers what you to pay a extra 10 or 15 for insurance on a item thats on worth ~200 bucks
seller at fault for improper packaging

paypal will probably cover you so I wouldn't worry too much. You may want to contact heatware and inform them of this thread and the details, just so that you can leave a - without getting one in return.

No response from the seller to me, the dispute, or paypal. They have favored on my side and are crediting my money back.

Thanks everybody.. Negative HEAT left.

Last edited:
It is just plain weird that he didn't respond to the thread. He honestly should have refunded the money and filed a shipping claim. And because of him not responding he is now 11-1. Doesn't look good for someone starting off.

But we all make mistakes though. It is the ones that are willing to correct them that stands out. Glad you got your money back. Thanks

Glad it worked out for you OP but man, its things like this that keep me from buying used gear like this. I have the worst luck in the world and guarantee I'd find every bad seller in the world. I'd just rather pay extra and stick with Newegg.

Sad.. Man this whole story makes no sense, why didnt he get heat from his first time tryin to sell that board....

Sad.. Man this whole story makes no sense, why didnt he get heat from his first time tryin to sell that board....

because he was afriad of the negative heat that trungerz got for leaving his. That is the problem with heatware, anyone can post up a bad review and mess up your rep.

because he was afriad of the negative heat that trungerz got for leaving his. That is the problem with heatware, anyone can post up a bad review and mess up your rep.

Except retaliatory evals will be removed. Just send an email and bring it to their attention, heatware will sort it out.

the best advice I can give new sellers is be ready to ship first to people with Good (thats 20+ positive no negative) feedback, just make sure at least some of the feeedback is recent (within last month or 2) Thats how I started and it worked out well.

Exactly!!! I turned down a deal with a guy that wouldn't ship first due to his low feedback. It was a smaller amount ($40 or so) but I don't care. I had to do it in the past when I first sold stuff and I expect them to do the same. If not, no deal..... period.

On a side note. What, if any, is [H]ards actions against those that are bad sellers or scammers?

On a side note. What, if any, is [H]ards actions against those that are bad sellers or scammers?

Straight up scammers are always banned once we've given everyone an opportunity to air their side of the trade events and we're decently sure there was some was really acting in bad faith. In cases like this I don't see anything that tells me for a relative certainty that this guy was trying to pass off bad goods, just that he's not so stellar at packaging...which isn't generally bannable here. That's what heatware is for, if people don't use it correctly that's not really under our control.

Straight up scammers are always banned once we've given everyone an opportunity to air their side of the trade events and we're decently sure there was some was really acting in bad faith. In cases like this I don't see anything that tells me for a relative certainty that this guy was trying to pass off bad goods, just that he's not so stellar at packaging...which isn't generally bannable here. That's what heatware is for, if people don't use it correctly that's not really under our control.

He knew the pins were bent as he sold it to someone prior to trungerz, got it back, then sold it again knowing the pins were bent.

He knew the pins were bent as he sold it to someone prior to trungerz, got it back, then sold it again knowing the pins were bent.

What's your proof? (Not doubting you, just not seeing it and would like to if there is any)

If you're talking about the thread started back in June by crewxp, based on the pictures in his thread and the pictures the OP posted up in post #4 these are completely different boards.

What's your proof?

The guy packages a mobo in an empty box with no protection!?

Deserves a weeks ban to help wake him up.

He then fails to answer any queries/disputes etc!

You STILL want MORE proof the guy was at it?

PMSLMAO I think someone WANTS ripped-off!

The guy packages a mobo in an empty box with no protection!?

Deserves a weeks ban to help wake him up.

He then fails to answer any queries/disputes etc!

You STILL want MORE proof the guy was at it?

PMSLMAO I think someone WANTS ripped-off!

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word proof my friend.

Except retaliatory evals will be removed. Just send an email and bring it to their attention, heatware will sort it out.

This isn't as easy as it seems. I've been trying to get a bogus negative feedback removed from my heatware for a while. It was left over 3 years ago as retaliation. I have 45 positive to the 1 negative and it kind of sucks :(

What's your proof? (Not doubting you, just not seeing it and would like to if there is any)

If you're talking about the thread started back in June by crewxp, based on the pictures in his thread and the pictures the OP posted up in post #4 these are completely different boards.

Look at computerparts own pictures in this thread of that board

Computerparts is claiming his picture shows no DMG when it does and he took a pic of a totally different board then what he sold OP. OP got refunded, computerparts got the board back. It is the same board trungerz later bought and has the same pin DMG along with new dmg because computerparts did no care how he packed it, obviously knowing it would not matter anyway, he was out to rip someone off. Computerparts own actions now pretty much prove that.

If you go over everything, its circumstantial but obvious imo. I think there needs to be a DNT list in a sticky in this section... Was there already a discussion about this and it was shot down or something?

I tired to come to this page and Chrome said it was malware. I'm curious if the seller has done something?

It was coming from a shifty image host, I removed the images the message should go away.

Look at computerparts own pictures in this thread of that board

Computerparts is claiming his picture shows no DMG when it does and he took a pic of a totally different board then what he sold OP. OP got refunded, computerparts got the board back. It is the same board trungerz later bought and has the same pin DMG along with new dmg because computerparts did no care how he packed it, obviously knowing it would not matter anyway, he was out to rip someone off. Computerparts own actions now pretty much prove that.

If you go over everything, its circumstantial but obvious imo. I think there needs to be a DNT list in a sticky in this section... Was there already a discussion about this and it was shot down or something?

Well the last information we had was that they were discussing fixing it and as far as I'm aware, no one contacted us to let us know that didn't happen so the assuming is that it did.

We do not maintain a DNT list here for several reasons, one of which is the fact that people seem to treat them as if they're a comprehensive list of who not to trade with and start ignoring things like getting additional contact information, staying away from shoddy payment methods, and doing basic research. Also, how bad of a trader does someone need to be to land on it? Slow shippers...people who back out of deals...etc? It wouldn't have helped in this case as I can tell you for sure we certainly were not given enough information to put this guy on any type of list even if we had one. Not to mention the amount of personal time on the part of the moderators who maintain it...and the fact that frankly it's my opinion that they're not terribly useful and potentially even helpful to the trolls (they know what information to avoid using/giving out).

Nearly every TTT thread where someone has had a negative experience was precipitated by them not taking some very basic steps to protect themselves. While I feel bad for the OP if he had bothered to search the TTT area for this guys name, which would have taken all of 5 seconds, he might not have ended up in this situation.

At any rate, the OP has recovered his funds and this thread is getting off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back