Another beginner thread... x_x

xerus`

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, so I put together a system a couple of weeks ago... and I want to start getting into the OC'ing world. Not too much, but just enough to squeeze a little more out of my stuff. Here are the specs:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (rev 1.02, bios 1009)
Athlon 64 3700+ (Thermalright XP-90C on it)
Leadtek 7800GTX
Corsair XMS PC3200 2x512mb (2-2-2-5 1T rate)
OCZ ModStream 520w

Here are all my bios crap:
PCI Express Clock: 100
DDR Voltage: AUTO
Chipset Voltage: +1.6v
HT Voltage: +1.25v
CPU Multi: 11x
CPU Voltage: AUTO
Pci Clock Sync: 33.33mhz
CPU Freq: 210
Hyper Transport: 4x

I have my RAM at 2-2-2-5 timings at 1T, and its at 400mhz so its 1:1 with the cpu.... right?

Anyway, I had no problem pushing it directly to 205mhz for the cpu frequency, Super-Pi passed with 32m calculation and CS:S stress test went through without any problems. But 210 poses problems.... no exact in round comes up on the first loop of the 32m calculation of super-pi.

I thought maybe 2-2-2-5 was a little too much, so I set the ram on auto and it went to 2.5-3-3-5. Still I got an error.

What am I messing up? The voltages? I'm not really sure what to give the cpu or the ram so I thought auto would be the best bet, but I know sometimes it isnt the most reliable.

I went through both of those long tutorials but I'm still a little unsure of myself so I'm hoping one of you smart people with a similar setup can give me a hand. Thanks ;D!

I agree... Do a little bit of searching for others with the same RAM as you. Look at what they have done and see how they loosened the timings.

but I agree with fender, right off the bat, the Auto DDR voltage is what jumped out at me... Just do some more reading, and heed other's warnings... I had a bad experience with Corsair RAM... the DDR550 stuff I bought crapped out at DDR520 on 2.7V inside of 2 weeks.

put the Hyper Transport to 3x, set the vcore to default, and increase in incriments of 5-10 mhz. See if it boots, if so, run a stress test (sp2004, prime 95, or occt, occt will find errors sometimes when nothing else will, it is the best stability testing program). If it fails these, or doesnt boot, try raising the vcore

oh yeah, to begin, start by finding your max cpu htt, check how to do that in the oc guide

Back