Another BF3 Beta whine session...

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Seriously, I realize it is a BETA, but are you kidding me? I cannot BIND any controls to my MOUSE other than the defaults? I use the mouse buttons to run, shoot, cycle weapons....

This stinks. I can't even play the beta after DL'ing 3 gigs of pure shit.

Last edited:
You are going to have to learn how to use your mouse driver software to rebind keys. You can rebind most keys the way you want. I think zoom is the only one that is stuck on the mouse as there is no default keyboard bind for zoom. Everything else has keyboard AND mouse binds, so you can remap them.

It sucks and is a deal breaker if they don't fix it by release.

If they can't let me do something so simple as bind RUN/FORWARD to MOUSE2....then this game can suck me off. Is it really that hard to let us bind mouse buttons in a beta? This is something that I have been able to do for a decade of gaming...

Yes, stop shouting BETA....this game is less than a month from release and we don't have custom bindings in place....I guess I will need to wait till after it is out before I buy it now, if they don't have this fixed I won't be buying it. Duh. (not directed at you, toast...)

You are going to have to learn how to use your mouse driver software to rebind keys.

It sucks and is a deal breaker if they don't fix it by release.

I don't run any special software for my MX518....never have. Yes, it is a deal breaker for me if I can't bind mouse buttons in game...

I don't run any special software for my MX518....never have. Yes, it is a deal breaker for me if I can't bind mouse buttons in game...
Back in the day i would never think of installing mouse drivers either. But they are useful for adjusting your sensitivity profiles. Key binding too.

If you are using a Logitech mouse simply set it up in the logitech gaming software. If you are too lazy to spend the 2 minutes to do that then I don't know what to say besides lol at you.

Seriously, I realize it is a BETA, but are you kidding me? I cannot BIND any controls to my MOUSE other than the defaults? I use the mouse buttons to run, shoot, cycle weapons....

Sounds like a personal problem.

If they can't let me do something so simple as bind RUN/FORWARD to MOUSE2....then this game can suck me off. Is it really that hard to let us bind mouse buttons in a beta? This is something that I have been able to do for a decade of gaming...

What button do you use to aim? Duke Nukem 3D much?

What button do you use to aim? Duke Nukem 3D much?

Eh? Never played anything called Duke....

Got the software, I'll check it out.

The thing is...it should be able to be done in game settings...it's not like the mouse is a new invention.

If you are using a Logitech mouse simply set it up in the logitech gaming software. If you are too lazy to spend the 2 minutes to do that then I don't know what to say besides lol at you.

I like how people will defend things that look, smell and feel like consolization in BF3 simply because it's BF3.

Imagine the shitstorm if MW3 didn't allow you to reconfigure binds on the mouse like this. Nobody would be compromising by laboriously setting up macros through their mice to accomplish a simple feature that has been included in every FPS game since 1995.

OP, this really bugs me too. The game has some issues but people are defending BF3 like someone is insulting their family. Funny shit.

Reminds me of Spider-Man 2. Over at SuperHeroHype, the fans were defending that movie with their lives when they knew it was complete trash. I'm not saying BF3 is trash, I haven't played it, but people need to take off the rose tinted glasses.

Too many people sucking on BF3's nuts.

Little things like this are the most annoying issues because they could of so easily been implemented but someone decided against it or overlooked it.

the beta build is months old.

Yeah because key mapping is clearly something that doesn't get polished til the full version is out. LOL

Too many people sucking on BF3's nuts.

Little things like this are the most annoying issues because they could of so easily been implemented but someone decided against it or overlooked it.

Yeah because key mapping is clearly something that doesn't get polished til the full version is out. LOL

+1

And people still think that DICE is independent. For a L-O-N-G time they have been EA's whore. EA bought them out L-O-N-G ago. DICE is an EA property.

I like how people will defend things that look, smell and feel like consolization in BF3 simply because it's BF3.

This beta should be 100% reflective of a finished product. It is our RIGHT to play this BETA. This is a FUCKING OUTRAGE! Get over it...I swear some pc gamers are becoming whiny douchebags.

I'm not defending BF3 or anything, I really couldn't care either way, I'm still undecided if I'll even buy the game. But yeah, things like key mapping is something that might not get completed until the final version. TW2 had problems with key mapping and CDProjekt stated they knew about it before the game even released and simply ran out of time to fully implement it before it had to go through QA and so fixed it in a patch instead.

Yeah, its a small thing that may or may not take a short time to implement, but when you have a lot of small things on your plate, its easy for some of the lesser used features to get pushed back until close to release.

Imagine the shitstorm if MW3 didn't allow you to reconfigure binds on the mouse like this. Nobody would be compromising by laboriously setting up macros through their mice to accomplish a simple feature that has been included in every FPS game since 1995.

Even Quake1 allowed mouse binding...:D

:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

I got used to the default controls pretty quickly, even if they are nowhere near what I usually use in FPS games. Not being able to map my mouse buttons (which I do use extensively in other games) is definitely not a deal breaker when it comes to free early access to a AAA title.

Sorry, your complaint is very badly exaggerated.

Yeah, its a small thing that may or may not take a short time to implement, but when you have a lot of small things on your plate, its easy for some of the lesser used features to get pushed back until close to release.

LESSER USED? A MOUSE IN A PC GAME?? It's really not a small thing. It's a PC GAME....a public release Beta should have working mouse binding. Like I said, it's not like mice are a new invention.

:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

I got used to the default controls pretty quickly, even if they are nowhere near what I usually use in FPS games. Not being able to map my mouse buttons (which I do use extensively in other games) is definitely not a deal breaker when it comes to free early access to a AAA title.

Sorry, your complaint is very badly exaggerated.

Yes, it's very personal. Many gamers have been using mice for other things than just looking around for years. I have been using Mouse2 to run forward for oh, 16 years. It's ingrained into my soul:p

It's just a gripe, but a very big gripe, for a feature that is (should be) pretty much standard for any FPS.

I whole heartedly agree and I laugh at the beta-deniers... lol

that and the FUCKING TAB KEY is hardbound to fucking stats... ARRGGGGG

And this is the crux of the issue. Key binds, even mouse binds, are an essential part of ANY first person shooter. Leaving them out of a game, even a Beta, is like leaving out part of the GUI from an iPhone.

And this is the crux of the issue. Key binds, even mouse binds, are an essential part of ANY first person shooter. Leaving them out of a game, even a Beta, is like leaving part of the GUI from an iPhone.

Agreed. Anyone who disagrees with that is a blind fanboy. These are BASIC functions.

The beta is a blast and Binds great to my Razer Naga mouse buttons. I love it and will be buying it for sure.

I will let you guys in on a little secret, the reason they have the keys bound to what they are right now is because that's what the majority of players use. Key binds are not "basic functions", a basic function is having a mouse and keyboard instead of a game pad.

I will let you guys in on a little secret, the reason they have the keys bound to what they are right now is because that's what the majority of players use. Key binds are not "basic functions", a basic function is having a mouse and keyboard instead of a game pad.

Sorry you are wrong. Binding keys is a basic function and has been available in every FPS I have played.

LESSER USED? A MOUSE IN A PC GAME?? It's really not a small thing. It's a PC GAME....a public release Beta should have working mouse binding. Like I said, it's not like mice are a new invention.

The most typical set up for the majority of people is to use the mouse how they've set it up, so yeah, it is a lesser used feature. But hey, if the final game comes out with it, go ahead, complain. When a beta/demo doesn't have it, "meh". And I'm not just saying that because its BF3, the same applies to any other game. The demos/betas of many games often lack simple features.

For frak's sake people, they already stated that custom mapping will be available on retail. Goddamn you motherfluffers need jesus...

For frak's sake people, they already stated that custom mapping will be available on retail. Goddamn you motherfluffers need jesus...

They also said the game would have deep integrated teamwork. They also said 3d spotting would not work unless there was line of sight.... Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

They also said the game would have deep integrated teamwork. They also said 3d spotting would not work unless there was line of sight.... Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

Uh, teamwork is dependant on the player. If you don't have 3 other friends for a squad or play on pubbie servers all the time then that's your fault, not the game.

And 3D spotting needs line of sight and quickly disappears if they go behind cover. It's way, way less forgiving than BC2.

Do you enjoy spreading misinformation and exaggerating all the negative news regarding BF3? Because that's all I've seen you ever do.

I literally can't believe some of you are over the age of 18, yet act like 5 year olds that didn't get what they wanted for christmas.

The server browser is a huge turn off to the game. A lot of bugs and everything. I thought this was suppose to be an upgrade to battlefield 2. Disappointed with the game so far. There doesn't seem to be any renovations or anything. I feel like i have already played a game like this before. I am getting bored quick already. There needs to be something new here. It just seems like everything fell short. Most likely not much is going to change either from now to the final. Kinda upset, been waiting forever for this. When i play this i feel like i've been there and done that already. This was suppose to be a game that had the server browser inside the game, the dedicated server ability for the average joe to create. The formula in this game has already been done. I hate how its all setup right now.

This beta should be 100% reflective of a finished product. It is our RIGHT to play this BETA. This is a FUCKING OUTRAGE! Get over it...I swear some pc gamers are becoming whiny douchebags.

originally i was going to try to roast you, but then i detected your sarcasm :D

Back