Another clue for Tuesday: Bestbuy has the MacAir Power adapters on clearance for $20

Kadath

Gawd
Woulda posted this in the other thread but wanted to make sure current Air owners know: If your local best buy has the Apple kiosk they are blowing out power adapters for $19.99!

What does this mean for tuesday tho? THAT's the real interesting Q!!!!

sam

Um...

Really? Seems like a good deal just to re-sell (ninja edit - checked eBay, maybe not) but this isn't any indication. They usually use the same power supply for many generations anyways, I don't see Apple ditching Magsafe anytime soon.

Can you the same adapter with more apple products? Does it work with the MB and MBP?

Can you the same adapter with more apple products? Does it work with the MB and MBP?

No, it gives off about half as much power as those models need. A Macbook Pro charger works with all of them, Macbook works with Macbook and Macbook Air and Air only with air.

Let me start this post by saying that I work at BBY.

Our PPM (product processing manager) has informed me that BBY has purchased a large quantity of Apple products to be delivered by the end of next week. However, what puzzles us, is that just this week we got a new shipments of Macbooks in (both white and black). All signs point to a Tuesday release, but how long it takes for this to hit brick and mortar stores really remains to be seen.

I'm going to get the higher end Macbook the day we have them in stock, however.

I'll keep this thread updated as I learn more.

Let me start this post by saying that I work at BBY.

Our PPM (product processing manager) has informed me that BBY has purchased a large quantity of Apple products to be delivered by the end of next week. However, what puzzles us, is that just this week we got a new shipments of Macbooks in (both white and black). All signs point to a Tuesday release, but how long it takes for this to hit brick and mortar stores really remains to be seen.

I'm going to get the higher end Macbook the day we have them in stock, however.

I'll keep this thread updated as I learn more.

Getting rid of stock. I work at BBY too and its a smart idea to order in more of the older models. Apple laptops will always have margin and pay bby whatever it is. So imagine if there was a price drop for the newer macbooks, say to 899, they would have to lower the price of the older macbooks ~$100+. So basically we would have a sub $800 mac and margin will still be given to the store.

In other news, the adapter has been on clearance for awhile, i bought 2 for $17 each a few months ago. They are clearancing them out because the new 60w adapters will have the same head as the 45w. That way apple wont have to manufacture multiple power cords since they are almost the same.

Of course take the 2nd statement with a grain of salt ;) .

Back