Another confused laptop buyer--Help me!

rage4order

Gawd
I'm still shopping for a laptop and I'd like to get an Intel Pentium Mobile setup. Only problem is, the ones I've seen(that I can afford) come with the Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics(or whatever it's called). I did see a nice AMD 64 3000+ system at ibuypower that had the ATI 9700 mobile 128 mb for a bit over $1100, which I really liked. Anyway, how good is the Intel integrated graphics? I don't plan on playing a lot of games, but would like the capability if I so desire. Any comments or suggestions?
BTW, $1100 is about the max I wanna spend.

IE2 is no good for gaming...for the newer games you can't even install them because it doesn't support stuff in hardware...maybe if you could find one with the new GMA900 integrated graphics from intel...otherwise that amd system sounds pretty good

Pretty much any $1000 notebook that's intel Based will unfortunately have their extreme(ly shitty) integrated graphics. This is one area where AMD seems to excel in, the value notebook segment. While the PM has better performance and battery life, you can't argue with an AMD Lappy with good dedicated graphics.

I know. I was looking at trying to go with Intel for my lappy but the cost/features ratio is still overwhelmingly to the AMD side. Not complaining cause my PC is an A64 3000+ also and I love it. Just wanted to try the Pmobile for my lappy. Unfortunately, it's a bit too pricey and not enough "extras". Ibuypower did have a Pmobile lappy with the GeForce PCI Express card, but it's gonna cost an extra $200 over the AMD. Thanks for the input.
Also, what's the difference between the Intel Centrino Mobile and the Intel Pentium M processors?

Centrino is a package that has a Pentium-M based chip...Centrino includes a P-M, Intel Based Wireless and so on...

Well if you sacrifice mobility can't you get a nice 9300 for that price or less and have a 6800go? I mean 1499-(750 coupon)+(250 upgrades/extra) plus tax will be about 1100.

Edit. Dunno the base config price but assuming the 9300 is $1300 which is is about and add 200 for the 6800go, add 250 for extras like memory and stuff, plus tax, around there.

silverwolf0 said:
Well if you sacrifice mobility can't you get a nice 9300 for that price or less and have a 6800go? I mean 1499-(750 coupon)+(250 upgrades/extra) plus tax will be about 1100.

Edit. Dunno the base config price but assuming the 9300 is $1300 which is is about and add 200 for the 6800go, add 250 for extras like memory and stuff, plus tax, around there.
Where do you find this $750 off coupon??? I don't see it anywhere on their website.
EDIT: Damn! Just realized it's a 17" screen :eek: ! Quite a bit larger than I really want.

Back