Another EVGA appreciation post

bm5

n00b
I know these get posted all the time, but I just wanted to post my outstanding experience with EVGA customer service. I recently had two interactions with EVGA, both of which went above and beyond my expectations for great customer service.

Interaction #1:
Bought a 9800GTX awhile back. Because of the drastic price drops from Nvidia, I was able to Step Up to a GTX 260 for exactly $4.98 (cost of shipping). However, I'm sure many people were in this position, and I was put into the waiting list for the Step Up. As EVGA worked their way through the waiting list, the GTX 260 Core 216 was announced. I sent an email to EVGA asking if it would be possible to switch my Step Up choice to the Core 216, and they responded that all people in the waiting list were automatically "upgraded" to the enhanced version!

Interaction #2
Have a original 7900GT (first run) that I never registered (was a EVGA noob at the time). Anyways, started to have corruption and I read that the first few batches of 7900GTs had issues with samsung memory. However since I didn't register I was well out of warranty. I sent an email to EVGA asking if there might be an exception since the original 7900GTs are known to have bad memory. They told me to send the card in and they would see what they could do.

Anyways, just got the replacement card and to my suprise it's a .... 8800GT. Wow! Not only did they replace a non-registered card, they replaced it with a much higher card. I would have been happy with just another 7900GT. Even if they were out of stock on the 7900, I kinda expected them to replace it with the slightly worse 8600, but I would have still been happy with it. But 8800GT, wow!

Anyways, just wanted to post my experience. Thank you EVGA. If you are in the market for a Nvidia based card, there's no beating EVGA's customer service.

Amen brotha. I haven't had any experiences like that but after reading about other people's, I couldn't see myself going with anyone else for a Nvidia card.

Back