Another Joyous Memory for Conroe thread..

trxjw

Limp Gawd
Yeah yeah there's been 100 of them, I appologize for adding to the mayhem.

I'll make this short. For my conroe build, I'm leaning towards this ram:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231073

Uncertain as to which Mobo I'm going to use, as I might wait for NF5 and RD600 chipsets to be released for Conroe. I'm not sure if I want to overclock right out of the box when I build the system. I want to wait and burn everything in a bit before I do to make sure it runs smoothly. Afterwards however, I might delve into my first attempt at OCing. Nothing crazy, just up to about 3ghz or something on the E6600 cooled by a scythe ninja plus.

My question is: will this RAM work for both non-OC and OC stages of my build?

Thanks.

I would say they seem good to me , i could get to 2.8ghz from 1.8ghz on the E6300 using some XMS 667mhz modules rated at 4 4 4 10 , so these are very similar to that and better in some ways , you should be ok with them

Also on conroe i would say a overclock on one ghz is more than enough , you will never see the cpu usage at 100% cos of the normal clocks will be soo high that it wont make a difference with the load , load is nothing and like a walk in the park for conroe.

Breathtaking CPU

trxjw said:
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot.
No probs , take care and if you get stuck pm me and i will help you if its something i can help you with.

:) Have a nice day

Back