Another MW2 patch another Eyefinity fail!

Nickbaldwin86

2[H]4U
They just released another patch for MW2... as if anything else in that game needed breaking...

now I can not get the screen from stretching out @ 5760x1080
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

anyone else?

Any quick fix?

ini files?

Wow, pretty massive fail here. Eyefinity has been out for a while.. if they're going to release a patch, why not include proper support for it? I wish AMD would really start reaching out to the big game developers and push Eyefinity harder, so that we can get proper support in most games. Sigh.

I was feeling bad for you about the patch then I realized

You still play mw2. :)

Found the fix, You need the beta version of widescreen fixer here You will also need the game file from the same place. Extract the WFR beta to your desired directory, then extract the game file to the game directory. Run the fixer exe and select your options and take note of the hot key. Run your game start your saved game then use the hot key to fix the screen. You will also need the extractor for the .7z file located on the same web page. I was a bit delusioned when I installed my 5850, I thought I would just be able to set up the eyefinity and launch the game with no problems... HA!

Yup I figured it out last night and start playing, thought about posting but figured this was a dead thread...lol

Anyways

Yes the widescreen beta 2.0 with all the new game builds fixed the issues for 182 patch.

I am happy .... tell MW2 gets patch again :rolleyes:

Upon trying to use this wide screen fixer, I get this message. I am running win 7 x64 bit .. I apparently am not setting it up right, though after the below message is given, I can't seem to reproduce it.

Any thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at Widescreen_Fixer.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Widescreen Fixer
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Kainzo/Desktop/New%20folder/Widescreen%20Fixer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Library.Plugin
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Kainzo/Desktop/New%20folder/Library.Plugin.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Library.WSF
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Kainzo/Desktop/New%20folder/Library.WSF.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are downloading widescreenfixer, put all he files into one folder, then download the MW2 file and put it into the same folder, load widescreenfixer and then boot up the game...

Setup a key or set of keys to enable the widescreenfix in game...

working perfectly here

I've done that and its saying enabled and all that, but its apparently not working.. What exactly are the aspect ratios? I'm using 3 20' LCD's that are around 1600 / 900 resolution.

I've done that and its saying enabled and all that, but its apparently not working.. What exactly are the aspect ratios? I'm using 3 20' LCD's that are around 1600 / 900 resolution.

So you are running 4800x900?

If so that should be a 16:9 but I could be wrong

Try both 3x 16:9 or 3x 16:10 either one has to work

Wow, pretty massive fail here. Eyefinity has been out for a while.. if they're going to release a patch, why not include proper support for it? I wish AMD would really start reaching out to the big game developers and push Eyefinity harder, so that we can get proper support in most games. Sigh.

Because these things take time. It takes time to QA the patch. It takes time for ATI to help developers. It takes time to code the solution. ATI (and Nvidia) aren't miracle workers. They still have to convince devs (and more importantly convince the publishers) to support something that very few people have.

Of course, if developers didn't limited AR choices for no reason when some simply calculations could allow the game to use any resolution and any AR, then Eyefinity would have worked out of the box for every game out there, with the exception of the HUD.

Because these things take time. It takes time to QA the patch. It takes time for ATI to help developers. It takes time to code the solution. ATI (and Nvidia) aren't miracle workers. They still have to convince devs (and more importantly convince the publishers) to support something that very few people have.

Of course, if developers didn't limited AR choices for no reason when some simply calculations could allow the game to use any resolution and any AR, then Eyefinity would have worked out of the box for every game out there, with the exception of the HUD.

dont forget ATI/AMD can only help developers that want help.. IW on the other hand doesnt want any help they just seem to want to find ways to keep destroying MW2..

Modern Warfware 2 was listed on that slide ATI put up for Eyefinity support in 2010. Then again so did Mass Effect 2 so take it with a pinch of salt.

Once it gets native Eyefinity support from the developers then you won't have to use hacks to get it to work. (and they ARE hacks. I'm not touching MW2 multiplayer with a barge pole in Eyefinity. I'm not losing my 110 Steam games when Steam suddenly decides that a FOV hack should be VAC bannable)

Man I was excited to play this on Eyefinity too but I decided to 'try it out' to make sure it worked first and it looks wrong even with the FoV hack.. gonna wait for a patch to buy it.

Man I was excited to play this on Eyefinity too but I decided to 'try it out' to make sure it worked first and it looks wrong even with the FoV hack.. gonna wait for a patch to buy it.

What are you talking about? MW2 looks perfectly fine with Eyefinity and widescreenfixer beta 2.0.

This issue has nothing to do with eyefinity. It's Infinity Wards issue because they don't support surround gaming. The same issue exists on the triplehead2go. Dopefish has been great in releasing updates for Modern Warfare 2 the same day the patch is released.

Modern Warfware 2 was listed on that slide ATI put up for Eyefinity support in 2010. Then again so did Mass Effect 2 so take it with a pinch of salt.

There is still a hell of a lot of 2010 left ;)

Neither of the two games are listed on ATI's supported software list yet: http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-software.aspx Thus the logical assumption is that the Eyefinity support slide referred to devs that they are/will be working with to support Eyefinity - the games that have promised support, pending the devs actually implementing it.

Once it gets native Eyefinity support from the developers then you won't have to use hacks to get it to work. (and they ARE hacks. I'm not touching MW2 multiplayer with a barge pole in Eyefinity. I'm not losing my 110 Steam games when Steam suddenly decides that a FOV hack should be VAC bannable)

+1, I'm not going to risk it.

amusingly it doesnt work with my eyefinity yet the card i bought was a special edition MW2 saphire 5850 lol :rolleyes:

amusingly it doesnt work with my eyefinity yet the card i bought was a special edition MW2 saphire 5850 lol :rolleyes:

Why is that amusing?

Should piss you off... You bought something that is suppoosed to work and DOESN'T without having to hack it. Which is complete bull Shtuff

I sold my eyefinity setup and have not missed it for a minute

All this talk of hacks and MW2. Oh...wait.

Now I remember why I stopped playing that game.

Why is that amusing?

Should piss you off... You bought something that is suppoosed to work and DOESN'T without having to hack it. Which is complete bull Shtuff

I sold my eyefinity setup and have not missed it for a minute

Bwahahaha - you've confused your vendors. Nobody ever promised you MW2 Eyefinity or advertised it. Nvidia, on the other hand, has been advertising 3d surround vision on the gtx 480 and 470 boxes since launch and it still isn't available yet.

I bet the new IW release will support it. Anyway, why are you playing that game still? Stubborn!

Bwahahaha - you've confused your vendors. Nobody ever promised you MW2 Eyefinity or advertised it. Nvidia, on the other hand, has been advertising 3d surround vision on the gtx 480 and 470 boxes since launch and it still isn't available yet.

Not the point... point was that it doesn't freaking work with most games, MW2 was just the title for the subject here. not the only game that I can come up with that it didn't work on it the game needed hacks to make it work and hardly worked half the time.

Not the point... point was that it doesn't freaking work with most games, MW2 was just the title for the subject here. not the only game that I can come up with that it didn't work on it the game needed hacks to make it work and hardly worked half the time.

Most of the games I've tried, expecially recent games worth playing it works with. What are these "hacks" you speak of? Do you mean the small fixes dealing with FOV and resolution? How is it they work half the time?

Nice sig btw, it suits you.

Only if you define "most games" to mean "MW2 and some UE3 games". Otherwise, you're statement is dead wrong.

Frankly I'm quite impressed with how well Eyefinity works in most games, even games from when widescreen was rare.

Eyefinity works fine in 90% of the games I have. The only issues are typically HUD issues or performance issues on newer games. I am the type of gamer who likes to max out the settings though, so the performance issue is more on my end than the technology.

they would only ban you from mw2 not your entire collection, but i wouldn't risk it even for one game tbh. just don't play it, that's what i did. bad console port (even if it has q3 roots), they just don't give a shit about pc gamers.

I find it amusing that you guys are all still hanging onto MW2 while I'm still glad I passed it by and went straight to BFBC2 :) Even though I don't run eyefinity in BFBC2 the support is there :p

I with MW2 was an improvement over Modern Warfare but it took a few steps in the opposite direction and there is no fixing MW2 from what I've read. Just give up on it already and join BFBC2, you won't be sorry :)

You'll get banned for using EF in MW2?

I haven't heard of anyone getting banned from MW2 for using Dopefish's FOV fix. Then again, I haven't heard of any script kiddies getting banned either, despite the constant reports.

Dedicated Servers FTW.

Back