Another PC build livestream.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Hopefully it goes better than the last one. It's Sunday; and it's slow today. That livestream donation money. :)

Channel.
http://www.twitch.tv/itmejp

Build specs.

DREAM MACHINE Mark 1

CPU: i7-5960X Haswell-E
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
MOBO: ASUS ATX X99-Deluxe
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb DDR4 2666mhz
GPU: EVGA 980 GTX x2
BOOT DRIVE: Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 SSD
STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB x2 + Western Digital WD3003FZEX 3TB
CASE: Cooler Master HAF-X (Red)
MONITOR 1: ASUS PG278Q ROG SWift
MONITOR 2&3: BenQ XL2430T x2
MONITOR 4&5: Acer GD235HZbid

PERIPHERALS

MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei
KEYBOARD: Steelseries 7G
HEADSET: ATH-AD900x
CHAIR: Steelcase Leap

AUDIO GEAR

MIXER: Mackie ProFX12
Alesis 3630 Compressor – Made in the 1990s, hard to find new but search eBay
HEADPHONE AMP: Behringer Powerplay Pro XL
MIC: Shure SM7B
MIC PREAMP: Cloudlifter CL-1

CAPTURE DEVICES & PROGRAM SETTINGS

CAPTURE CARD: 2x AVerMedia C985 (For Camera and Consoles, PC is Game Capture)
CAMERA: Canon G20
PROGRAM: Xsplit Broadcaster 2.0
RESOLUTION: 1920×1080
BITRATE: 4700kbps, CBR
AUDIO: 128k
FPS: 60

Those specs are a whole lot better than the trainwreck that was the last one. Is it the same guy?

This guy definitely has sense seeing as he's going with windows 7 on multi monitor

Alan is generally hammered when he does builds so no its not him.

That's a nice PC although my dream build would mean TRI SLI or two Titans.

What's the point of streaming a PC build? Just vanity? Should I be streaming the next time I go to the dealership and purchase my next Lambo, Mercedes AMG or Aston Martin? I'm picking up my new Mercedes AMG GT S in a few months. Would streaming that bring me enough twitch love so I don't go home and cry from lonliness?

What's the point of streaming a PC build? Just vanity? Should I be streaming the next time I go to the dealership and purchase my next Lambo, Mercedes AMG or Aston Martin? I'm picking up my new Mercedes AMG GT S in a few months. Would streaming that bring me enough twitch love so I don't go home and cry from loneliness?

His followers on Twitch donated / paid him generously over time. He in turn took part of the proceeds and made this new PC with a lot more CPU rendering power to be able to increase the visual quality of his stream. The higher quality the Twitch stream is, the more likely a person will notice you and stick around to see if you're entertaining. Since he is in the entertainment industry, I assume that he streamed the build to entertain his followers / donators even more.

What's the point of streaming a PC build? Just vanity? Should I be streaming the next time I go to the dealership and purchase my next Lambo, Mercedes AMG or Aston Martin? I'm picking up my new Mercedes AMG GT S in a few months. Would streaming that bring me enough twitch love so I don't go home and cry from lonliness?

Nah, get a high-class hooker like you usually do.

im not sure if hes going to get very far without a PSU.

Nah, the computer only needs the power of friendship as generated by Twitch followers. It's kinda like liquid excitement-based energy.

Why did he get a 5960X when he's only going 2-way SLI? Seems like a huge waste of money and potential...

Back