Another thread about buying a PSU

N H O

2[H]4U
before i get flamed for stating the psu brand, i wanted to kno wat peeps thot about it since a member of the board that ive been talking to lately who owns this psu says that its +12v rail is strong and stable but its +3.3v rail is a lil low and definitly recommends it for me, before anyone one tells me to not skimp on the psu, im on a VERY tite budget and i cant really help this and if it is possible, someone please recommend a powersupply in this range

heres the rosewill (yess i said rosewill)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182004

and once again i am not gettin this psu for its appearance, rather its appealing looks is a plus but as i said again a board member who owns it recommended it for me....thanks for ur help, i appreciate it ;)

A power supply for what? And what range 40 bucks :eek: ?

And no don't buy the unknown Rosewill.

i have that rosewill psu, the 12v rail is GREAT! never dips lower then 12.1v on the 12v rail under load, and my vcore never drops. the 3.3v rail is weak, under load it is around 3.14v, but its still a solid psu. it was worth the 50 bucks when i bought it, and it hasnt been a bad psu yet.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i have a rosewill psu, the 12v rail is GREAT! never dips lower then 12.1v on the 12v rail under load, and my vcore never drops. the 3.3v rail is weak, under load it is around 3.14v, but its still a solid psu. it was worth the 50 bucks when i bought it, and it hasnt been a bad psu yet.

Wow that is a great review! Did ya get those readings from MBM5 or your BIOS? How is the ripple on that PSU? How does it handle various loads on the 3.3v, 5v, 12v? How much does it derate under temp? How well does it handle peak draw?

N H O said:
wat u could do is check my sig :)

And I was supposed to know that is what you were going to be powering?

Anyway 50 bucks doesn't give me uch to work with I will go scrounge and see what I can do.

Spectre said:
And I was supposed to know that is what you were going to be powering?

Anyway 50 bucks doesn't give me uch to work with I will go scrounge and see what I can do.
well if u were lurking around in this forum u would see my other thread

i was just trying to help this guy, cause i have this same psu in question. geez, try to help and you get torn to shit.

N H O said:
well if u were lurking around in this forum u would see my other thread

OK after reading your other thread I am confused. You have a replacement already and people already gave you the best advice. RMA the 380. That is one of the few good ones in your price range.

Spectre said:
OK after reading your other thread I am confused. You have a replacement already and people already gave you the best advice. RMA the 380. That is one of the few good ones in your price range.
actually i canceled the replacement as it was not a worthy deal and im in need of another one, to use while i use the 380, jesus im juss tryin to get help on this psu

N H O said:
actually i canceled the replacement as it was not a worthy deal and im in need of another one, to use while i use the 380, jesus im juss tryin to get help on this psu

And I am trying to help.....so I read up on your situation and was confused. For your price range the Antec 380 or the Fortron 350 are going to be about the best unless there is a killer deal out there that I am missing.

you know..ur 380s will rape the rosewill like there's no tomorrow...get that thing rma'd if ya still can..if not..for a 50 dollars range..get this..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104936

fortron bluestorm 350w.....pretty decent..with dual rails and 30 amps on the 12v..and a trusted brand :)

or this....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=58&Submit=Property

I dont know if xclio is a trusted brand..but they supposively are made by the same people who makes antecs.....

N H O said:
before i get flamed for stating the psu brand, i wanted to kno wat peeps thot about it since a member of the board that ive been talking to lately who owns this psu says that its +12v rail is strong and stable but its +3.3v rail is a lil low and definitly recommends it for me, before anyone one tells me to not skimp on the psu, im on a VERY tite budget and i cant really help this and if it is possible, someone please recommend a powersupply in this range

Was that english? ;)

I just picked up 3 of these PSU's...dual 12v rails, good brand, nice and quiet...how can you go wrong?

ENERMAX Noisetaker EG375P-VE-SFMA 370W Power Supply $50.99 Shipped

ah thanks for the replies guys....looks like im gonna get the fortron :D

Dude, I would grab at that noisetaker if I were you its at $44 dollars. Its a good brand too. I'm not saying the fortron isn't (i have one), but thats a better deal.

XSNiper said:
Dude, I would grab at that noisetaker if I were you its at $44 dollars. Its a good brand too. I'm not saying the fortron isn't (i have one), but thats a better deal.
Ahhh but that Fortron in as ATX12v2.0 with a combined 30amps on the 12v versus a single 14amp 12v on the enermax.

well an update....i juss bought an antec true power 2.0 430w which runs nice, quiet, stable, and cool :p dont regret it one bit....well worth the money :D

Back