Antarctica vs RBX? - HELP!

Suntar

Limp Gawd
Ok, Im looken at a new CPU water block, I have two favorites, the Asetek Antarctica and the Danger Den RBX

Whitch should I get? I like the Antarctica because it has more surface area, but I love danger den products.

What do you think?

Thanks!

-Suntar

I just reviewed the antarctica, and it is a great block. I only have one problem with it which is if you dont cut the tubing straight and "jam" it in the sockets it can and most likely will leak. The use of no fittings on it creates a greater potential of leaking. But overall I like it. If you want to read the review its on the homepage of ReviewDome . com.

Great review, but I dont like the fittings :-/, and since I can use 1/2 tubing, I guess I will have to go with the DangerDen, even though that Antarctica looks so awesome >_< and the mounting kit is alot better :(

Thanks!

if its anything like the waterchill it wont fall out. the waterchiills blocks had quick connects. Once the tubes were in, it was really hard to simply pull them out

So it does fit with 1/2? Well, I may reconsider then. I am begging to not want the RBX because of the damn excellerater nozzels voiding warrantys.

Also I will be using Fluid XP so if a little spills, I will be alright!

Wait a secound, it uses 1/2 OD fittings, Im using 1/2 ID fittings, 3/4 OD fittings... I take it wont work... >_<

I use fluid XP, works great. The quick connects are great if installed properly. It is easy to mess up the instalation though.

when companies specify tubing size, usually its ID so it should work, but it might be 1/2" ID and 5/8" OD you never know. Worst comes worse, you use a reducer

"The Antarctica comes equipped with 3 1/2" OD push on hose fittings"

If some one would like to post some links to some converters for 1/2 ID to 1/2 OD that wul;d be nice :)

Suntar said:
"The Antarctica comes equipped with 3 1/2" OD push on hose fittings"

If some one would like to post some links to some converters for 1/2 ID to 1/2 OD that wul;d be nice :)
just go to sears/home depot and pick up 3/8" to 1/2" barbs and you should be fine

ok, from what ive read the block comes with the correct tubing size, it is 1/2 OD 3/8 ID. Ill just get a1/2 ID to 3/8 ID Y Spliter and a regular 3/8 ID to 1/2 ID Adpater
Thanks for the help

Thanks

if you get the antartica, few pointers.

1. your cuts have to be perfect on the tubing. get a soft tubing cutter, or spend lots of time making sure you get each cut right.

2. Before installing all of it, just jam your tubes into the block as far as they'll go, and then mark them with a pen or something. that way, when you're really putting it together and have water in it, you'll be able to visibly tell that you've got the hoses fully seated.

3. don't bend the hoses up and down more than an inch once you've got water flowing. even with the best fit, you'll get a leak of you move the hoses that much.

The block works fine for cooling, I suppose, but this is the last time I'll buy a 3 intake block with such shallow press-fit connectors. It just isn't worth the headaches and the worry.

hehe, ive already been converted over to the PolarFLO :)

Thanks for the tips though, dont need em, but a kind thought!

Back