Antec 1200 or Thermaltake Armor+?

I don't personally have the 1200 but seeing how it is an oversized 900 that comes with the inside painted already, I would say go for the 1200, I love mine and the cooling doesn't get much better

I have the older version of the Armor. I really like the case. That 250mm is blowing right in onto my CPU and 9800GTX, also the stock fans are very quiet. Except for the 90mm at the top of my case, which I removed until I can get a better one.

I'm most likely buying a 1200 today... it should have awesome cooling, and I personally hate TT.

I personally would go for the 1200. I think that it looks better, and cable management will definitely be easier.

I think Thermaltake cases look a bit exaggerated. I'm just wondering if the Antec 1200 lacks features that the Armor has.

Go with the Antec case. Every pc I build for customers I use Antec cases. I have a Thermaltake Armor case I use as a data transfer pc under my desk at work and it is not as well put together as Antecs.

The Antec doesn't have a sliding jmotherboard tray, has it? Still, it isn't that important right?

I just got a armor+, and I will admit I wasn't so sure about it at first when I ordered it. However, it's pretty sexy in person, and HUGE. It's amazing for cable management. There's plenty of room between the motherboard tray and the side panel, I could mount harddrives on the back of it if I wanted. Plus, the motherboard tray is removeable, and has cutouts to run cables through from the motherboard. The front 5 1/4 panels are easily removable and have filters on them. Also, the 3.5 device bay is really sweet. BTW, make sure to get the icage, it's like 15 bucks, but it allows you to mount another 120 in the front.

You should take a look at the Coolermaster Stackers. They're similar in design to the 1200 and Armor, but you might like its specific features.

Currently have Armor+ (and the old Armor). It's a good case design-wise and has a lot of features and has plenty of room. The problem for me is that it feels poorly built and uses some cheap plastics and such. Also, annoying thing about the new armors is that their case fans are now molex only (i.e., no additional 3 pin adapter).

As I'm going for a more elaborate water cooling setup, I'm going to change to a cosmos s once the new revision hits retail.

I'd go for the Armor+, but it depends on your personal taste. The Armor+ also have good options when it comes down to cable management. I'd say it has even better cable features than the Antec.
The Armor+ also has more space for large graphic cards, the motherboard tray is a nice feature if you are doing lot's of work on your mainboard area. Simply install everything on the tray and slide it in - done.

You should take a look at the Coolermaster Stackers. They're similar in design to the 1200 and Armor, but you might like its specific features.

You´re right, those Stackers are pretty cool. They´re completely black though, nothing fancy on the outside.

Btw, how bout the Lian Li PC-P80? I didn´t like the red version with the spider window. Who would buy a 600 dollar case and use an AMD platform? Ridiculous.

You´re right, those Stackers are pretty cool. They´re completely black though, nothing fancy on the outside.

Btw, how bout the Lian Li PC-P80? I didn´t like the red version with the spider window. Who would buy a 600 dollar case and use an AMD platform? Ridiculous.

There's a silver version of the Stackers as well, you might prefer that.

About the Lian-Li, I personally hate the design. Pricing aside, it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Yeah I guess the Antec wins, right? Sometimes just the fact that another case is more expensive makes u think it has to have something better.

*edit* Actually the CMS Stacker is better I think. So many choices :confused:

Here is what I did to chose between the cases:
Write down what is important to you, appearence, features, size, space for larger CPU coolers, maybe watercooling and so on.

Search for good reviews and videos of all the three cases. There are tons of reviews for both Stacker and Armor+, don't know about the Antec though... it's the newest of them.

Now compare the facts in the reviews with the points you have written down on you checklist. Each item should get up to 3 points for each case. Write down the total points you gave each feature and each case and have a look at the conclusion.

I am quite sure that we can't really help you on this topic. Non of these cases is a bad one, it really depends on what you want and what you care about most.

Yeah I guess the Antec wins, right? Sometimes just the fact that another case is more expensive makes u think it has to have something better.

*edit* Actually the CMS Stacker is better I think. So many choices :confused:

The build quality of the Stackers is quite a bit better than the others for what it's worth.

1200 over the Armor. The shape of the side window on TT's cases just looks wrong imo.

Back