Antec Gallery Post Here!

Just finished my new rig yesterday, still need to clean up the cabling some more and adding a 120mm intake to the middle section, otherwise it rocks...

Interior2.jpg

And the whole package...
complete.jpg

Lookin' good! Mine should be coming in later this evening :p . Can't wait to have my P182SE

I don't understand why you would install CCFLs in a completely closed case...there goes the purpose?

The ccfls came with the fan controller I bought for the 3 silverstone case fans, and yeah theres really no point to em but they still look good.

very nice, I like the cable management of your system, very neat! :), is that the Big Water TT?

http://homepage.mac.com/saneproductions/PhotoAlbum3.html

Hi All,

I just thought you would like to see my new sli rig.

Raptor X 10,000 RPM 150GB Boot Drive

CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit 4-4-4-12

EVGA 122-CK-NF67-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M L2 Cache Processor OC 2.93Ghz (1300FSB)

EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked 576/850 Video Cards – SLI

Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad - Copper EPS12V 750W Power Supply

P180-Sleeper_INT_WS.jpg

My loop:
D5>Black Ice GT Stealth 240>TDX>MAZE4 (chipset)>Black Ice GT Stealth 120>MAZE4 (GPU)>Micr Res> and back to D5

It looks little bit messy but i took a full advantage of my mobo, 4 satas bottom chamber, bunch of USBs and FireWire ports, uGuru and X-Fi panels. Try to wire manage that, i guarantee that you will not able to ;)

Black Tygon rocks btw! :D

Yep, it's a banana holder from Bed, Bath and Beyond, $10 and a slightly girlish feelish feeling as you wait at the cash register :p

Specs in my sig (still waiting on the DVDRWs, ordered them last, using old IDE ones for the moment)

setup-closed.jpg

setup-open.jpg

machine-open.jpg

Going to order some sleeving for the HDD and optical wiring.

silent-circut,

What CPU Temps are you getting?

I was thinking of moving away from air cooling.

OCd from 2.13Ghz (E6420) to 3.2Ghz at 1.352 vcore (measured with CoreTemp and CPU-Z, BIOS setting is 1.4 vcore), and pretty much stock voltages all elsewhere, I'm running 57C on both cores after 8 hours of Orthos Small FFTs, and it got up to that in around 10, 20 minutes, and just stays 56, 57C the whole time.

If you're going with water I'd suggest a Swiftech kit over a Thermaltake. More expensive, yes, but better temps, and you get what you pay for. The SilentWater is small and does what it says it'll do, but it's not /that/ quiet which is the real reason I got it initially, and I'd personally rather run a bigger radiator with slower fans to keep things quiet and cool. As I understand other Thermaltake kits (particularly the BigWater series?) can have problems with corrosion. I never have, but I may have just been lucky.

I've been thinking about mounting a 3x120mm radiator (BlackIce or something) on the top of the interior ("ceiling") of the P180 after moving the optical drives down 1 or 2 bays to make room and drilling vents through, meshing over it. I've seen it done and it looks nice, everything stays contained and you don't have some giant thing hanging off a radbox on the back of your case. I could easily give up a drive bay to a reservoir, maybe even 2 eventually if I watercool the GTX as well -- CPU and chipset on the 3x120 loop and GTX on a loop of 2 separate 120's, or maybe the other way around, not sure of specifics just yet. The 8800's make so much heat that they pretty much need their own loop or base water temps due to the GTS/GTX will kill your CPU temps, as I've witnessed on the EVGA forums.

Back on topic. I'm fairly sure people get similar if not better temps with Tuniq Towers, Thermalright 120 Extremes, etc, so the SilentWater is no great performer (at least not where I leave the fan speed, as it gets loud fast after a certain point, but I'm sure I could turn it up and really crank up the FSB if I wanted), but I got it for $45 or $55 over a year ago, and at the time it was a great deal.

EDIT: Just because I was wondering, I ran it through the 3Dmark06 demo at 1600x1200 for about 20 minutes and the highest temp I saw looking at the log afterwards was 50C, so 57C probably isn't typical of in-game, only true full load. The GTX went from 56C idle to 70C and stayed right there which is also typical, though I've seen 74, 75C after long sessions. Temps on it still worry me.

According to nVidia Monitor Software

My CPU
Idles at 35-45
Full Load 51-54 (prime 95 running twice 100% cpu)

GPU1
Idles at 68
Load up to 78

GPU2
Idles at 72
Load up to 80

Should I worry about the GPU temps then?

More than likely, no. The 8800's just run hot -- I have my fan forced to 90% at all times via RivaTuner, hence the lower temps. I just get worried because I'm coming from an X800XT with an Arctic Cooling Silencer cooler that ran much cooler than the GTX.

I'm idling at right around 30C on the CPU. Forgot to include that.

Well maybe I should run RivaTuner too. I didn't figure I need it since I have nTune. My cards are factory OC, so I don't really want to push them (yet). It pegs BF2 or 2142 at 100fps with everything cranked.

Thanks for the advice!

Okay, I got Riva Tuner. 100% fan (not really any louder than my CPU fan)

Idle temps went down to 68 and 66

The weird thing is that a different card is hotter now. Wonder what gives. I thought it was the bottom card getting hotter due to less airflow, but not sure which card is which now.

Is GPU0 the top card?

My Antec p180 :)

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg

Had to remove the brackets for the drives in the upper drive cage to fit the 8800gtx but no problem as i use the bottom one :)

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1311.jpg

Nice. Very clean. How did you get the window? Or did you make the window yourself?

:) i wish i could say i made the window myself :D but as i said in another thread wasn't too confident of my modding abilities for a hard side panel like that on the p180. I sent the panel off to a company here in the UK, anyone want the details PM me. I also requested a window etch and was really happy with the result. Future upgrades would probably be a watercooling system but i'm more than happy with it atm. Thanks for the compliments i'm really happy with it as its my first ever build and i'd heard this case was a nightmare for cable management, but with soem extension cables and cable ties etc i'm happy with the way it came out.

Specs are in my sig....the aquatube in the second pic is gone and the fluid is now blue. Not much else has changed. The inside's not spotless because I don't have a window so impeccable cable management is nothing but a waste of time.
117306.jpg

48367.jpg

Well I finally put my computer stuff into my new case. Man talk about good airflow. All my temps in my case went down a easy 10°C. Also I finally changed everything over to SATA including the DVDBurner, that helped with wiring. And finally put my HSF on my videocard.

p1032031579-4.jpg

p701275623-4.jpg

p792117992-3.jpg

Lots of nice cases, here's my new P182:

I still need to replace the two remaining Antec fans, probably with Deltas, or high-speed Panaflos. :D I'll try and get some better pics up soonish.

I was wondering when someone was gonna do that -- strap a 12cm to that huge passive thermalright vga cooler. How are your temps? hows the OC? hows the noise?

No noise. I run it at 650/1900 when playing games( I am sure it can go higher, but I do not have the time to push it yet. After this semester I might, but it does everything I throw at it at 1920x1200). Under load(6-8 hours) it gets to about 53°C. I flashed my gts bios to 590/1850 as my default clock and that runs at 44°C doing 2D stuff like surfing and photoshop. I can do RTHL***** for about 2 hours before I get bored of running it and it does not get past 54-55°C

Lots of nice cases, here's my new P182:

I still need to replace the two remaining Antec fans, probably with Deltas, or high-speed Panaflos. :D I'll try and get some better pics up soonish.

Did you paint the part of the case around the windows to black? OR does it just come like that?

Back