Antec ISK 300 v. Lian Li Q07 v. Lian Li Q11

night_2004

2[H]4U
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on a case for my HTPC build. Here's the relevant components I already have (either spare parts or recently purchased)...

Gigabyte E350N-USB3
Antec 430D PSU
5.25" DVD+/-RW
320GB 2.5" WD Caviar Black
HVR 2250 TV Tuner

Right now I'm using an Antec ISK 310 but that case has a problem and is being returned.

Problem is I can't decide which case to get!

Antec ISK 300
Lian Li Q07
Lian Li Q11

Right now I know that with an 80mm fan in the Antec case, the E350 sits at a comfortable 40C. Tonight I'll try running without the case fan to try and get an idea of what internal temperatures might look like.

What I'm mostly concerned about right now are thermals. The Gigabyte board has a tiny little heatsink, and the Q07 does not have a case fan at all.

I'm pretty much okay with the hard drive capacity for any of those cases so that isn't a problem. The slimline optical drive bothers me a little bit on the Antec case but I think I can overlook that. 3.5" drive support is nice but not necessary. I think right now thermals are the biggest concern. Anyone worked with these cases and have some advice or pointers to offer?

Last edited:
I have an Antec ISK-300 and a Lian Li Q07 and I actually prefer the Antec. It feels smaller, but in all the right places. I also think it is a bit more quiet, however the Lian Li looks a bit better and is aluminum, which is cool.

I'd suspect the thermals to be fairly similar between both of those cases. The Q11 is a larger case, and you could probably have better ventilation with it.

Just out of curiosity, what do you have (had?) running in the Q07? I've seen some references that it can stay cool enough for a low end Intel/AMD build, which means it would definitely stay cool for a fusion build.

Just out of curiosity, what do you have (had?) running in the Q07? I've seen some references that it can stay cool enough for a low end Intel/AMD build, which means it would definitely stay cool for a fusion build.

Just look at my build.... :rolleyes:

Intel Core i3-2100 @ Thermalright AXP-140
ASUS P8H61-I
Corsair XMS3 2x2GB
XFX RADEON HD 5670 1GB (passive)
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 @ Scythe Himuro
Seasonic S12II 380W
Lian Li PC-Q07B

I would take the Q07 along with that ASUS E-350 Board that offers passive cooling!

EDIT: Ohhhh, your PSU Fan wouldn't face the Board so there should be a fan mounted. But still take the ASUS. If it is designed for being passively cooled it wouldn't get warm at all with a silent 120mm fan on it!

Last edited:
Holy Batman!

Change of heart on this one. I'm going to see how the 2250 does at the new apartment (we move in six weeks) before switching HTPC cases. Just gonna have to eat the cost of the Antec ISK if this doesn't work out, but if it doesn't work out then we have to get cable and there's not really a point to this whole little project.

Yeah, this sucks. Why does cable have to be so freaking expensive :).

Last edited:
Back