Antec Neo

sipher

Weaksauce
I'm looking at getting an Antec NeoPower 480 for my rig. I haven't found my answer after a few searches on the forums although I'm sure it's been brought up before.

MSi K8N Neo2 Plat has a 20 pin connector and the Neo supplies a 24 pin and a 24 to 20 pin relay. I know this will work, but would I be better off taking off the 24 pin connector and directly putting a 20 pin connector to the main lines so I can bypass the relay? If so, should I just seal off the extra 4 wires that should connect to the 24 pin plug?

Also, what's the benifit of having 2 x 12v rails exactly?

Any help would be appreciated.

As long as no caps or other items block the use of just the 24pn from the PSU to the board connect it without the adapter.

2 12v rails isolate high draw components from one another.....12v2 is for the processor only and 12v1 powers everything else that is 12v powered.

Despite the manual on Antec's website and even the manual in the box still stating otherwise, a NeoPower 480 I recently purchased no longer comes with the 24-20 adapter. I actually had to call them to realize this, but the way the connector is now designed, you can simply detach the extra 4 pins if need be. Much better I think... that adapter is pretty cumbersome. The cable count is off too I think... if I remember correctly, there was an extra SATA cable and one less PATA cable than what was listed.

Back