Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Case $45 ($25 Rebate)

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
@@@@@@@@@@@@@ DEAL IS DEAD @@@@@@@@@@@@@

Antec 900
rebate

Frys has the Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Case for $70 (add to cart) - $25MIR = $45 w/ free shipping. You must add to cart to see the discounted price.

Lowest on Pricegrabber is $102.

(From Slickdeals)

Wow, that's better than the NewEgg deal that I bit on in December.

I paid $99.99 w/ free shipping and $50.00 MIR. And that's the best deal I've seen since... until now!

Frys has been pushing some great deals lately. Me thinks the Egg better watch out! ;)

Been waiting on a deal for the 900 for almost a year. Best buy had them down to $90 at one point, but over the past 3 months they $150.

Those who want the rebate, Its good for ONLY TODAY!

Damn. They're giving these things away. Fantastic case, too. Got one sitting in my closet waiting for me to be able to afford a Q6600 to drop in there.

Don't even like the case and I got one. :nuts:

Will stock it and hope one of my clients wants some bling. :p

Jesus I just ordered the P182 deal yesterday. I definitely plan to use of them but I just can't pass on a good deal. This forum will be my undoing.

Awesome case. I paid $90 for it several months ago and it was over $120 then.

I had the damn thing in my cart went to pay and it disappeared now the site is no longer showing the case :(

DLK:K:LJDSFSDKJLF:

man... I wish I would of looked at this post earlier... I really want this case and now the linky is down =/

officially pulled, the guy on the phone said they were probably gonna be cancelling some orders too because they sold way more than they had stock for :(

FWIW...

The case is really cool with incredible air-flow capability... BUT a few downfalls:

1) Only 3 external bays (5.25") and zero 3.5".
2) Has 5.25 to 3.5 adapter... good for one 3.5" device, but sacrifice one 5.25" bay.
3) Fans are nowhere near as bright as Antec images. :p
4) Fans have speed-control (lo-med-hi), but switches hang off fans. Lousy for cable management, or even quick access.

But still, a decent case, great at <$50

isnt there something you can go against if they cancel your order after you've already placed it? Seems sorta like sketchy business to me?

Yeah. Cancelling orders for OOS and then relisting at full price is wrong. :mad:

Haven't received either a confirm or a cancel yet. We'll see what happens.

Well here is what happend... this deal was off of the slickdeals.net site and when a deal hits that site... it always blows up and they have to delay orders and back order.

I am still waiting on an 8800gt i bought for a deal I saw through slickdeals that I bought back in NOVEMBER... it just got delayed again untill the 23rd.

Anyway, I read on the slickdeal forums that the guy from Fry's said that they have to re-evaluate the situation and everybody will either get confirmations or cancelations in the next 3 hours to see how many orders they can fill.

Just be aware... if its on slickdeals.net, the deal is gunna blow up and you best get yours in first or dont even bother.

FWIW...

The case is really cool with incredible air-flow capability... BUT a few downfalls:

1) Only 3 external bays (5.25") and zero 3.5".
2) Has 5.25 to 3.5 adapter... good for one 3.5" device, but sacrifice one 5.25" bay.
3) Fans are nowhere near as bright as Antec images. :p
4) Fans have speed-control (lo-med-hi), but switches hang off fans. Lousy for cable management, or even quick access.

But still, a decent case, great at <$50

Errr, huh?

1) If you really wanted to, you could put in 9 external 5.25" bays. You just have to sacrifice one or both of the hard drive cage / fans.
2) Doesn't your 2 contradict your 1? The adapter is included.
3) True. I kind of wish the LEDs had an off-switch, though.
4) True!

Well here is what happend... this deal was off of the slickdeals.net site and when a deal hits that site... it always blows up and they have to delay orders and back order.

I am still waiting on an 8800gt i bought for a deal I saw through slickdeals that I bought back in NOVEMBER... it just got delayed again untill the 23rd.

Anyway, I read on the slickdeal forums that the guy from Fry's said that they have to re-evaluate the situation and everybody will either get confirmations or cancelations in the next 3 hours to see how many orders they can fill.

Just be aware... if its on slickdeals.net, the deal is gunna blow up and you best get yours in first or dont even bother.
Running out of stock is one thing. But showing OOS, bumping the price up, and then showing in stock is lame. And canceling customer orders w/ the OOS excuse is dishonest if, in fact, there is stock.

BTW, got my order confirm. We'll see if it ships.

dhl shipping says it will be here (VA) on the 21st, from ohio. it now takes a week to go from ohio to virginia? i understand its a 3 day weekend b/c of the holiday but still, that still seams slow. ordered noon (EST) and i am getting it, well getting it in a week.

Running out of stock is one thing. But showing OOS, bumping the price up, and then showing in stock is lame. And canceling customer orders w/ the OOS excuse is dishonest if, in fact, there is stock.

BTW, got my order confirm. We'll see if it ships.

Well it is Fry's, you know!

1) If you really wanted to, you could put in 9 external 5.25" bays. You just have to sacrifice one or both of the hard drive cage / fans.

Oh man, I guess I shoulda looked closer! I didn't think the front panels (in front of fans) were removable! :rolleyes: NewEgg advertises it as only 3 external and 6 internal. But, Antec lists the 3/6, 6/3, 9/0 external/internal flexibility.

Dammit, had I known that earlier I woulda' gotten one or two more!!

EDIT: and why not make a bigger fool of myself... Now that I look closer at NewEgg's listing, they do mention the extra flexibility... at the bottom of the specs. page under features... DUH!

I must have got lucky when I got in on this. I ordered right before I posted on this thread yesterday around 8:30am (ET). I've received an email and it shows my order shipped (I'm excited!) via DHL (bleh). Of course, I've waited nearly a year for this SPECIFIC case.

#1 - Has plenty of air circulation around the harddrives. (harddrive failure due to heat is not an option to me)
#2 - has USB connectors at the top of the case. This is a plus for me as I keep my case on the floor and hate bending down to plug things in at the bottom of my current case.
#3 - More room. My current case is big, but does not have the internal room I need. Literally my IDE cable for one of my older drives is directly next to my video card, and I only have a 7900GS!

While I've been waiting for this case, I've modded my current case to add a 120mm fan to the front and even added a top exhaust (120mm) fan to the case.

dhl shipping says it will be here (VA) on the 21st, from ohio. it now takes a week to go from ohio to virginia? i understand its a 3 day weekend b/c of the holiday but still, that still seams slow. ordered noon (EST) and i am getting it, well getting it in a week.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones too. Mine shipped this morning. I am also in VA, but mine will be here tomorrow. Strange.

Ordered yesterday at noon shipped last night.

How do you disable the led's on the fans? or can you?

Ordered mine at 11:30am yesterday and it shipped this morning at 6am.
I got the antec power supply to go with it it, tracking says that will be here tomorrow but the case is scheduled for the 21st.

As for the lights, why not just install a switch.

Edit:
rebate link for anyone that didn't download a copy, it seems to be removed from the page.

Ordered yesterday at noon shipped last night.

How do you disable the led's on the fans? or can you?

I don't think you can turn them off. I'll look at mine tonight though.
But honestly, they aren't very bright at all. With the (room) lights on, I can barely see the fans light.

Ordered at 5AM CT yesterday. Order was canceled.

Orders made 7hours later shipped.

Typical for Fry's. Have had 3 out of 7 orders canceled or partially shipped over last month.

Time that order is submitted does not seem to make any difference.

They must not like you :p

That is possible--however I ordered p182p on the 15th right before it went out of stock (12pm) and it shipped.

Orders seem to get stuck on their servers--actual statement from CSR.

On a hot deal it is just luck of the draw at Frys

I was able to squeeze into this one and the P182. I guess really luck of the draw. All sorts of cases, now if the rest of the parts go on sale...

mine has been sittn at the dhl facility 30 minutes from my place all day. guess they didnt wanta deliver it early (still says 21st) and let it sit for 2 more days over there:mad:. good case, and frys is ok to me as a company, but dhl is now on my shippers to avoid list for sure.

Back