Antec Nine-Hundred Upgrade

Riftsaw

2[H]4U
Alright I just rebuilt my PC yesterday and I've HAD it with this case's garbage cable management. Getting everything routed and out of the way took an extra hour and that's just unacceptable for such an otherwise nice case.

My complaining aside, what would be a good case to move to? I did some light research and came across the Cooler Master HAF series and also saw a couple of really nice Corsair cases like the 600T. I'm unsure of what to do since I don't have an outlet near me to see these cases in person.

I'm hoping you guys can give me some suggestions or at least steer my researching in the right direction. Budget is ~$200 and I'm willing to add more for purchase of a modular PSU if needed.

Specs of system are in sig. Thank you all in advance.

600T is awesome for cable management, the slight bulge on the sides means you can hide lots of cables behind the mobo. I can definitely recommend it, there seems to have been some real thought put into the design and functionality, e.g. easy access side panels, easily removeable dust filters. It also looks much nicer than the HAF cases but that's just my opinion.

Hmm just did a search pass and got 2 different 600Ts, the White special edition and the Graphite one. Which one are you referring to?

They're the same functionality-wise. I think the only difference is the SE comes with a window side panel as well as a mesh one.

Sweet, thank you! I'll check out some reviews for the case and see if I can find a good Modular PSU to stick it with.

Alright I just rebuilt my PC yesterday and I've HAD it with this case's garbage cable management. Getting everything routed and out of the way took an extra hour and that's just unacceptable for such an otherwise nice case.

My complaining aside, what would be a good case to move to? I did some light research and came across the Cooler Master HAF series and also saw a couple of really nice Corsair cases like the 600T. I'm unsure of what to do since I don't have an outlet near me to see these cases in person.

I'm hoping you guys can give me some suggestions or at least steer my researching in the right direction. Budget is ~$200 and I'm willing to add more for purchase of a modular PSU if needed.

Specs of system are in sig. Thank you all in advance.

I agree with you on the Antec Nine Hundred: The cable management features are very rudimentary, being made merely of two plastic ties mounted on the motherboard mounting panel with absoultely no openings whatsoever. In addition, the case is surprisingly cramped on the inside, from rear to front. This means that the plastic fan mounting bracket that's located just behind the middle hard drive cage must be removed completely before long graphics cards can even be installed - and then, any 3.5" hard drive mounted right in front of the primary PCI-e x16 slot or the slot that's adjacent to it will restrict the maximum length of a graphics card to only 9.5 inches long (which means no high-end GPUs can be used in this circumstance). And even with no hard drives mounted in front of those two slots, the Nine Hundred can barely accommodate an 11.5-inch graphics card. In other words, no wiggle room if the PCI-e socket on the card is located at the front edge rather than the "top" edge.

With that out of the way, between the two go for either of the Corsair 600Ts: The HAF cases are rather fugly, and are now a little pricey for their lesser quality compared to the Corsair cases.

You guys are great! Thanks slh28 and E3g1e!

I'm currently going through reviews and the 600T looks to be exactly what I want. From the looks of it I won't have to change my PSU to modular due to the extensive cable management the case has.

Only other thing to do is invest in some cable extensions. That's much better than buying another PSU. I'll focus my research on this case and its accessories. Thanks again guys you've helped me immensely.

Yea, you would think Antec could put more into those cases. However, I did enjoy modding my Three Hundred.

I would recommend the Corsair 650D...beautiful case with great cable management options! Not a bad price tag on it either.

I would say it depends on what your future plans for your computer will be.

If you plan to go with watercooling in the future, I would suggest waiting until someone drops a 800D onto the market and buy it. I personally got my 800D + 360 rad for 220 shipped. It was used, but came with all parts/was in fairly good condition. They tend to pop up on my local craigslist once in a while for similar prices.

Unless someone tried to destroy the 800D, I would say it's more or less impervious to damage (matte coating is hard to scratch, it's a pretty tough case).

Another popular (and cheaper) alternative to the 800D is the Nzxt 810, which is also a very good watercooling case. If it were mostly steel/aluminum, I probably would have used it instead for my WC build.

HOWEVER, if you don't ever plan to WC, I would say just pick up the 650D/600T. Corsair really got case building done correctly this round. I have few, if any complaints about their cases simply due to how well they were thought through and the robustness of their construction.

Looks like I'll be getting a 600T. I saw the 800D but I don't plan to watercool at all in the near future. Thanks for the recommendations.

Back