Antec NSK3400 (NSK3300 Update w/ ATX PSU!)

Shaman

Limp Gawd
Antec is gonna come out with an improved version of the NSK3300 soon. Instead of the hard to replace SFX PSU, the NSK3400 now houses a regular ATX PSU, which will probably be even quieter. The PSU cables routing slot has been moved to the side and alot more vents have been added to the top panel to let 120mm fan PSU's mounted upside-down breathe properly. Appart from that, the case appears to be identical to the NSK3300, even the position of the bottom HDD that still blocks a PCI slot. :eek:

Is anyone looking forward to this case? I am, kinda, although I prefer cube cases, but I also like silence, and this will be the most quiet case for this size hands down.

Just noticed this case is listed on Antec's site already, but the pictures haven't been updated yet. Bellow are a couple pics of the NSK3400 changes:

nsk3400ayv9.jpg

nsk3400bql5.jpg

Antec page

FInally, this is what was keeping me from buying the first revision, that gay-ass PSU.

I'm more of a toaster-style SFF guy tho ;)

That should prove to be a very popular case for SFF's ppl. But like the poster above me, I love the little cube/shoe box cases

I guess they read my review on it haha. Yeah, that is nice and there was no reason not to have it either.

I was told by an Antec rep that the NSK3400 will start popping up in european stores this week or the next.

Looks like it's gonna take longer for it to appear in the US because the Antec US site still lists the NSK3300.

Received this a fortnight ago.

A bit busy, so no review yet.

First impressions:
Great little thing
Antec qual.
TriCool fan must die - not quiet enough for me, but I'm a little hysterical.
A Ninja fits nicely
Swapped the PSU for a SS430

Generally, it is fairly quiet of the box. To go for virtual silence: first swap the case fan for a nexus or the like and undervolt it, second consider swapping the PSU.

Generally, it is fairly quiet of the box. To go for virtual silence: first swap the case fan for a nexus or the like and undervolt it, second consider swapping the PSU.
I wonder what you're gonna do about the hard drive? You're taking all those measures to get virtual silence, but the hard drive will probably end up being the loudest thing in the case. The Antec silicon grommets to mount the hard drives isn't exactly the quietest mounting solution available, and it's not easy to suspend a hard drive with sewing elastic in this case. Well, you could suspend it bellow the optical drive, but I suspect the hard drive would cook there. So I'm just curious about what you have planned for the hard drive. :cool:

You hit a soft spot there.

I need to take care of the fans first. I had hoped, that the fan shipped with the Ninja would be quiet enough @5v, but mine has this little rattle thing going..

Then I'll look into the solving the HDD-noise, the longterm plan though is a flash disc - hopefully they'll be readily available in a not too distant future.

But I'll have to do 70 pages on strategic leadership by May 2...

I would assume you could run the Ninja fanless in this case, with the back fan in such close proximity and no chance of building up heat pockets on top of the case. You should give it a try, unless you're overclocking or running a hot prescott.

About the hard drive, it'll be a long time until flash drives make their debut, so may I suggest a cool and quiet 2.5" laptop hdd suspended beneath the optical drive, which should still leave you plenty of room to tuck away the PSU cables.

I am oc'ing but only at stock voltage.
I think I prefer having two silent 120mms @5v, as I plan to throw in a midrange gfx later.
But yes I can run an s-flex 1200@7v as the only fan (if as casefan, which provides much better airflow than if it is mounted on the CPU cooler).

And actually the first SSDs has already shown up in notebooks, and are slowly finding their way to market. A 64GB and external storage...

Back