Antec P180, now with a WINDOW side panel!!

dynamiks

Weaksauce
P180-W_02.jpg

Performance PC's is now selling the P180 with a windowed side panel, for those of you wishing to show off your internals. The price is pretty steep though, weighing in at $219...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...d=3304&zenid=e0dbd93d37cb8a1161f57cf48c59efff

Wow, now that's a nice looking P180. I would definately get that if it wasn't double the price of the standard P180.

He edited his post, that was a typo.

So lemme understand this...

The case has a lower chamber for the power supply, and all the extra cabling. Why on Earth would you put a window there? Isn't that kinda ass backwards to put a window where all your extra "crap" wiring goes?

If that window only extended down to where the barrier is, then it would be a "logical" mod.

I am planning to buy that case, and I might possibly put a window in it. If I do, it'll only be a window into the upper chamber.

I just looked at the picture again.. apparently the acrylic glass is sticking out and is not in the case... WTF?

Just like coolermasters are.

SarverSystems, be sure to put up pictures! I'd love to do a similar mod if/when get a P180.

SarverSystems said:
So lemme understand this...

The case has a lower chamber for the power supply, and all the extra cabling. Why on Earth would you put a window there? Isn't that kinda ass backwards to put a window where all your extra "crap" wiring goes?

If that window only extended down to where the barrier is, then it would be a "logical" mod.

I am planning to buy that case, and I might possibly put a window in it. If I do, it'll only be a window into the upper chamber.

Well if you got cabling skills, your lower chamber would look like this...
P180%20002.jpg

P180%20011.jpg

Then you wouldn't have to worry about having your window only on top. :)
I personally like how they have the window cut out. It looks very clean, and OEM looking. Also the plexi looks pretty thick from the pictures, so I'm guessing that you wouldn't look much sound dampening from this mod.

Wow, $220USD just for a windowed version?! A non-windowed version in Canada is just $160CAD...

dynamiks said:
But your lower chamber is empty! Let's see your cabling skills with a full HDD rack and a fan down there :)

kani said:
But your lower chamber is empty! Let's see your cabling skills with a full HDD rack and a fan down there :)

Still would be easy in my opinion. And the fan in front of the PSU is pointless in my opinion. No need for that 120x38mm fan... All you need is the intake right in front of the hard drives.

dynamiks said:
Still would be easy in my opinion. And the fan in front of the PSU is pointless in my opinion. No need for that 120x38mm fan... All you need is the intake right in front of the hard drives.
but they didnt make it that way...i have mine on the bottom and i have 4 hd. so fan is necessary or my hd would overheat.

this is nice, i hope they will sell just the window :) my lower chamber isnt as clean as dynamics.. because i put hdd on the bottom rack and took off the middle so i could have more airflow.

linjy2 said:
but they didnt make it that way...i have mine on the bottom and i have 4 hd. so fan is necessary or my hd would overheat.

I said all you need is the fan in front of the hard drives (intake)... The one in front of the power supply is not necessary. If it was necessary then all cases would have a fan blowing air toward the power supply.

dynamiks said:
http://www.dynamiks.net/pics/P180/P180%20002.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.dynamiks.net/pics/P180/P180%20011.jpg[IMG]

Then you wouldn't have to worry about having your window only on top. :)
I personally like how they have the window cut out. It looks very clean, and OEM looking. Also the plexi looks pretty thick from the pictures, so I'm guessing that you wouldn't look much sound dampening from this mod.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dynamiks]Still would be easy in my opinion. And the fan in front of the PSU is pointless in my opinion. No need for that 120x38mm fan... All you need is the intake right in front of the hard drives.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it would be near as easy as you think.
Don't go acting all [H]ard just because you did an average wiring job in a half empty case.

And I don't know what you're talking about the intake in front of the hard drives.
As far as I know, you can't fit a fan there. (I'm referring to the bottom HDD cage, BTW)

EnderW said:
I don't think it would be near as easy as you think.
Don't go acting all [H]ard just because you did an average wiring job in a half empty case.

And I don't know what you're talking about the intake in front of the hard drives.
As far as I know, you can't fit a fan there. (I'm referring to the bottom HDD cage, BTW)

First of all, why does it sound like you are getting mad? Don't go acting [H]ard you say?

First of all my case is practically full compared to alot of peoples cases who have so called "[H]ard wiring jobs." These people usually have 1 hard drive, and 1 cdrom and they called their wiring jobs elite. I on the other hand have 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives, a fan controller that has 6 fans hooked up to it, and a video card that requires 2 molex connectors. I highly doubt you can call my case empty. Just because I do not have 4 hard drives connected on the bottom, that is really the only thing I am missing, that and a floppy drive which is useless for me anyway.

Oh and I checked inside of my case after you said that no fan fits in front of the hard drives. You are right actually. This whole time I figured that there was a space to install a 120mm intake fan on the bottom, but I realized that one wouldn't fit. You might actually be able to fit a 120x15mm fan if there is such a thing, but there is no where to screw the fan in. Anyway even if I had a fan installed in front of the power supply, cabling still wouldn't be a problem, it would just make the cables more visable than I currently have them. And trust me, even with 4 hard drives installed on the bottom, I would still be able to manage just fine. Just because others are having a hard time dealing with cable management doesn't mean I will. I am used to this already, I am a neat freak when it comes to cable management and I always find a way to get everything nice a neat. Some people are just lazy and leave there cables a mess because they don't have time to bother. Then you have others who are neat freaks like me and will find ways to make the cables neat.

dynamiks said:
First of all, why does it sound like you are getting mad? Don't go acting [H]ard you say?
I'm not mad, you seemed just to be coming off a little arrogant, that's all.

dynamiks said:
First of all my case is practically full compared to alot of peoples cases who have so called "[H]ard wiring jobs." These people usually have 1 hard drive, and 1 cdrom and they called their wiring jobs elite. I on the other hand have 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives, a fan controller that has 6 fans hooked up to it, and a video card that requires 2 molex connectors. I highly doubt you can call my case empty. Just because I do not have 4 hard drives connected on the bottom, that is really the only thing I am missing, that and a floppy drive which is useless for me anyway.
I agree, you have a lot more in your case than some people pimping their rigs all over the "Rate My Cables" thread, coughthisisglencough.

dynamiks said:
Oh and I checked inside of my case after you said that no fan fits in front of the hard drives. You are right actually. This whole time I figured that there was a space to install a 120mm intake fan on the bottom, but I realized that one wouldn't fit. You might actually be able to fit a 120x15mm fan if there is such a thing, but there is no where to screw the fan in..
Antec moved the fan away from the front to reduce noise. That's why the intake fan for the top HDD cage is optional.

dynamiks said:
Anyway even if I had a fan installed in front of the power supply, cabling still wouldn't be a problem, it would just make the cables more visable than I currently have them.
LOL, well yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. :p

dynamiks said:
And trust me, even with 4 hard drives installed on the bottom, I would still be able to manage just fine.
Well, trust me, when you have 4 hard drives in there with the big 38mm fan, there isn't a whole lot of room.
You're probably gonna need a custom harness to power all of them from one rail, since I haven't seen a PSU that comes with 4 right angle connectors that close together.
And that's not mentioning the data cables, which are gonna be hard to hide, unless you buy some real short cables.
Also, the ATX cable is a lot harder to hide, because you have to bring it up through the first opening.

dynamiks said:
Just because others are having a hard time dealing with cable management doesn't mean I will. I am used to this already, I am a neat freak when it comes to cable management and I always find a way to get everything nice a neat. Some people are just lazy and leave there cables a mess because they don't have time to bother. Then you have others who are neat freaks like me and will find ways to make the cables neat.
I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm just saying it will take some work and possibly a little modding ;)
After looking at your pics again, I agree, you did a good job.
I really like your routing of the 12v behind the motherboard.
I'm looking forward to finishing my P180, which will be a little more packed:

2 optical drives
6 hard drives
raid card
sound card
floppy drive
all fan slots occupied

Back