Antec Sig 850 or Corsair 1000

jetjaguar

2[H]4U
both are around the same price .. looking to replace my very loud silverstone psu that ive had for awhile .. i need quiet and modular .. i know they are both not fully modular .. is the antec shorter than the corsair ? and which would u guys pick ?

The Signature series line up from Antec should be intended for the hardcore overclockers only since they are designed for performance and that the rails never surpass 20mv and maintain +/- 1% voltage regulation on all loads

If you just want a power supply that will do the job for your CURRENT rig get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256009

The Corsair HX 1000 can't compete when you compare it with the SG850 in terms of performance but the performance of the SG850 is highly unnecessary for the majority of PC owners

Don't get me wrong however, the Corsair HX 1000 is a amazing PSU and is excellent in terms of ripple/noise supression, voltage regulation, modularity, enough cables to power my rig and yours, etc...

Are you going to be upgrading anytime soon?
You also might want to checkout Enermax's new line-up -> Revolution 85+ top of the line PSUs atm and is on par if not better than the Signature series, simply amazing.

the specs in my sig are outdated

and the new enermax line isnt avaible anywhere i believe

just got the corsair .. it was between that and the signature series .. but got a better deal on the corsair plus i didnt really want an 80mm fan

just got the corsair .. it was between that and the signature series .. but got a better deal on the corsair plus i didnt really want an 80mm fan
It's actually not that bad....
Paul Johnson said:
There are certain things that 80mm fan cooled power supplies are known for, and being quiet is certainly not normally one of them, however Antec aimed to change that perception with the Signature 850 and largely they succeeded. The Signature 850 was the quietest 80mm fan cooled power supply we have seen to date. The unit was virtually undetectable in our test environment when locked in the incubator, though once removed the unit did have a distinctive presence though it was hardly loud and could easily rank among the quieter 120mm cooled units we have seen.

i was gonna get the antec sig, but seem like the 1000hx often has great deal, i said go whatever the cheaper one of the two

Back