Antec SLK3700-BQE, Quiet!! I love it

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, I'm just excited and wan't to show my case, it's not modded or anything. I've done too much modding, I kind of want a normal case now..

Edit: New pics, I also added a simple mod to the case, drilled some holes and created audio input jacks (only one set works, the other is just there for "show")

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Nice case, I cant decide between a lian-li pc65 case or a case similar to that. I think I am going to go with the lian-li for my current setup, plus its smaller and fits better on my desk. Then I am going to get the other for my other setup and use it under my desk. Cant decide though. Bu tlookin good bro........

Chris

Thanks.. This case is HUGE for a mid-tower, I think. The versions similar to this, I just don't like they're interior but the exterior looks nice IMO.

I <3 mine, buy some aluminum duct tape (the real kind, not what everybody knows as duct tape) and tape up the holes in the front. It helped my temps a little by making all the air go through the fan (saw it in the SPCR review). Do you have an intake fan? and what dampening did you use?

got the SLK3700 AMB... great case!
so much room in it.. I dont know what to do.

nice case though, i like the HD set up

I used duct tape for the front :(, I have that aluminum tape around here somewhere I just gotta find it. I used PAX.mate for the sound dampening, I must say it did a pretty good job. At first my comp made low, but kind of loud HISSing noise, plus that high pitch noise from my HD.. After installing the PAX.mate, I can't hear my HD at all, and that itself was worth the 10$ becuase that sound is very annoying.. it also dampanded the HISSing noise in half, not as noitcable since it was never that loud.. No front intake, though I am considering it, if I can find a fan as quiet as the Antec fan that came with it.

Yeah these cases are BIG for mid towers but I love em :)

Nice man... got any exterior pics, side closed?

Gotta love that - simple, solid construction, quiet with good cooling and included power supply.. couldn't ask for much more. I never realized it was so large, though. :confused:

I built an office system for a guy with the little SLK1650b case not to long ago, and that case was a pleasure to work with. While small, it was super solid construction and very quiet with the speed-controlled 12cm fan. For an office system it was perfect. :)

GregExterior.jpg

GregInterior.jpg

New picz, by the way, the audio is input in.

I did this because I like to just turn to a music channel, I actually have a dedicated channel to just music (not MTV/BET) and listen to it on my Logitech's.

wow u did a goodjob hiding your cables, mine is just a rat's nest haha. Wires.... everywhere!

yours:
3.JPG

mine:
case.jpg

slaya said:
Hey, I'm just excited and wan't to show my case, it's not modded or anything. I've done too much modding, I kind of want a normal case now..
Looks good slaya. I noticed you put some foam into the case for noise. Do you know Acoustipack has a precut kit specifically for the 3700BQE? Expensive but it makes it dead as a rock.

Ah, I did not know that. Thats pretty cool, I only paid 10$ shipped for my sound dampening, didn't want to spend too much.

infiniti029, what case do you have, it looks a little diffrent from mine? your wiring isn't that bad man, well maybe it is right now, but just stuff the PSU cables behind the mobo tray. How's the zalman perform by the way, in cooling and silence?

qdemn7 said:
Looks good slaya. I noticed you put some foam into the case for noise. Do you know Acoustipack has a precut kit specifically for the 3700BQE? Expensive but it makes it dead as a rock.

You know.. I've always wondered what the negative effects of adding lots of thick padded insulation would be to temps. I like the idea of a quiet computer but I think the last thing I would want to do to my chassis is insulate it when my main objective is to keep the internal components as cool as possible.

check out the silentpcreview.com sound dampener roundup, the temps only go up slightly

Stellar said:
You know.. I've always wondered what the negative effects of adding lots of thick padded insulation would be to temps. I like the idea of a quiet computer but I think the last thing I would want to do to my chassis is insulate it when my main objective is to keep the internal components as cool as possible.
Silent PC Review AcoustiPack is the only stuff worth considering. The rest is crap. A 1C or 2C rise in temps is well worth the noise reduction, plus the increased sturdyness it adds. Currently adding to my Gaming Bomb II case, looks for posting next week.

Well, i'm not covering anything which is used for good airflow with this so I can't imagine any serious increase in temperatures..

slaya said:
Ah, I did not know that. Thats pretty cool, I only paid 10$ shipped for my sound dampening, didn't want to spend too much.

infiniti029, what case do you have, it looks a little diffrent from mine? your wiring isn't that bad man, well maybe it is right now, but just stuff the PSU cables behind the mobo tray. How's the zalman perform by the way, in cooling and silence?

we have the same exact thing case buddy :)

the zalman is great, and very quiet. However, since I recently purchased a BFG 6800U OC, that pretty much negated any "silence" i had before haha. I had a VGA silencer rev3, and both my 120mm fans were at 5v.

Nice wiring ;)

Great case eh? I have it's sibling, the slk-3700AMB or something like that. It looks exactly the same except the hd cage is facing the other way. Its heavy as hell though lol but thats probably why it cuts down on noise.

Yeah, they both are great cases, i've built computers with both of them. I like the normal HD rack better, it's just I needed a black case. I know Antec makes one like that but it doesn't have a PSU, and I got this for about the price of the one without the PSU.

Back