Antec SmartPower 2.0

_Korruption_

Supreme [H]ardness
Updated! Antec has released the SmartPower 2.0 model line-up!

http://www.antec.com/us/pro_p_SPII.html

The fan setup looks like it'll work. The internal PSU intake will be temperature controlled, so it will only spin as fast as it needs to. The internal PSU exhaust won't even be on until the PSU recieves a load high enough to warrant the extra airflow. The OCZ Powerstreams/Topower P6s have a similar fan setup, minus the smart fan control, and it works very well for them.

The 500W model gets modular cabling, like the Neopower, but lacks the 3% voltage regulation, PFC (I think), and the single 120mm fan, among other things. The 500W model has *only* 35A on the +5V, I think that is significant because we're talking Antec here.

The only drawback I can see is the extended length of the PSU thanks to the rear-mounted 80mm fan. It looks similar in size to the OCZ Powerstream/Topower P6. Some people have reported that their OCZ Powerstreams have a hard time fitting into cases like the TT Tsunami.

These PSUs look like really good choices for those looking for basic ATX12V v2.0 compliance without breaking the bank.

Back