Antec SOLO $50 AR + Free Shipping

AndeeG

n00b
The Antec SOLO case is only 80 bucks minus a 30 dollar rebate at frys.com. Shipping is free too, although there is tax for at least California.

I just bought this for $96 dollars, free shipping, no tax on amazon.com. This is driving me CRAZY!! If only shipping wasn't so much, I could return it and buy the one from Fry's... Arghh!!

Can anyone who already has one of these attest as to whether a 8800GTX will fit in it? I'd like to pick this up, but I can't measure what I don't have.
I think the GTX comes in at 30cm in length.

I would check, but i repackaged it for now since I'm waiting for all my other components to arrive. If I open it up again, I'll be sure to measure it for you.

This is HOT - these are great little cases. Beautiful quality - excellent cooling 1x120mm in back, 2x92mm in front, super silent HDD mounting solutions - quiter than a P180B if done right.

Anyway, they are very small. There's absolutely NO WAY an 8800GTX will fit - you have about 25.5cm of space to work with IF you don't have an HDD directly behind it. So an 8800GTS would BARELY fit assuming you put your HDD(s) all the way on the bottom.

Get a P180B if you're getting an 8800GTX - I've got both cases. Let me know if you need me to measure anything else.

Awesome little quiet case though.

Crap. I already bit. What am I going to have to cut to get the 8800gtx to fit in one of these. Nothing important (I hope) HDD mounting rail?
I wonder what a surfboard of a card like the 8800gtx will do to airflow? The two 92's are on the bottom, right? and the 120 is up higher?

Anyway, Thanks OP!

I have a P150, which the Solo is based on (and practically identical to other than color) and I can most assure you that without a hacksaw, an 8800GTX will never fit in the Solo.

I just ordered mine. I like the clean look... although it's unfortunate that I won't get to see the nice Piano Black finish with the way my desk is positioned.

I think I'll bite as well, a spare mid tower case never hurt anyone.

I bit. It looks like a great case and it's at a great price. Thanks, AndeeG!

Also, good luck on fitting the 8800gtx in there, yevaud. Be sure to make a case mod or worklog thread of it if you mod it :)

From looking at the pics of the Antec Solo, it looks like the 8800GTX will fit if you cut out 1 square inch from the drive bay (only on the right side) using a pair of tin snips. The hard drive trays are removable. I'm still thinking of getting this case eventhough I will have to make such a mod. If they made the case a bit longer with 2 intake 120mm fans, it would be perfect.

If anyone makes a mod, I would like to see it.

The video card would be slightly above the bottom of the upper fan, and the lower fan would push the air up along the side of the case. Probably will have to cover the rear holes along the slots to maintain pressure.

Does this case come with a power supply? I know the old p150's came with neohe's and the newer p150's came with smartpower450, but this one I dont see anything. So I'm assuming it doesnt come with a psu, but just want comfirmation! Thanks.

Ugh - damn you frys.com and your awesome free shipping/rebate deals. You got me again.

Yeah, but Fry's also has an Antec Neo HE 550 for 70$ w/ free shipping atm. Sooo

For 130$ you can get a helluva case/PS combo, that's quiet, reliable, sexy and with a modular powersupply

Zumino Zufeilon said:
Yeah, but Fry's also has an Antec Neo HE 550 for 70$ w/ free shipping atm. Sooo

For 130$ you can get a helluva case/PS combo, that's quiet, reliable, sexy and with a modular powersupply

I believe that PSU is out of stock... It says "call for availability" and if you click that it basically says that the item is on backorder.

Yeah, mine is backordered but I called fry's about it today and they said they were getting a shipment in today/tomorrow of about 2X what they have backorders for, so it might come off shortly.

Back