Antec support/RMA the WORST...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea why not just PM AntecRep?

davidhammock200 said:
If I was Antec & some moron wanted to RMA based solely on BIOS/software readings, I won't grant it. :rolleyes:

David thats coming awfully close to calling the OP a moron, by implication if not in fact
which of course would be against the rules.

personally Id check the connectors to verify that the pins are properly seated and then throw a multimeter onto it to get some real readings, then Id void the warranty and pop the top to see if the pot is glued, if someone forgot the spot of glue on the pot it could have easily drifted out of spec in shipping and a simple adjustment is all that is required.
(the pot adjustment not the resistor mod)

of course slitting that sticker voiding the warranty can be a stickler in most cases
sometimes its forgiven (especially if you can explain it and have personal connections)
alternately there is this stuff called solvent :p

That is of course just what Id do personally

I think you should start with AntecRep ;)

Good idea, the Antec Rep we have on [H]ard is certainly a "cut above" many of his/her co-workers.

I appoligise, if I offended anyone,
I did not mean any disrespect towards any actual person,
I was just speaking of a non-existant 3rd party.

Dave ;)

I figured as much however you do need to be aware of how other people might read what you write, not the same thing, happens all the time when I write stories for the front page :p

Id point out that if pots are getting adjusted using a DMM to monitor it isnt optional

Hey Ice,

I will point antecrep to this thread and ask his thoughts and what action I should take. I appreciate the suggestion.

Rob

Antecrept has responded quickly to me. I will let you all know how it goes.

Rob

I do know that OCZ doesn't require a receipt to RMA a PowerStream. Who has receipts after 3 years? I can see having it in the event it was DOA or died after a couple weeks, but not many people I know can hold onto invoices/receipts past a few days.

Defective units occasionally make it out into shipments. It's not big deal, and most (if not all) companies will replace a defective product no-questions-asked if you give them a reciept. The fact that you threw away your customer's receipt places the blame for this situation squarely on your shoulders, no questions asked.

I must say, I am also abhored that you would put in your signature that Antec is so awful when this is all your fault, but will refrain from opening that can of worms (for fear of a vacation).

As for the closed ticket, those are set to automatically close after so long. Most likely, your ticket expired long before you had the reciept, but you didn't find out until you emailed them and then they sent you an automated "your issue is closed" response.

Two dead thread revivals with nothing from the OP so we'll let this have a little bit of an asisted suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back