Antec Titan Opinions?

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys -

I finally decided on a case after talking with Antec. They said all Titans on the market now have been replaced with the versions that fit a normal atx motherboard and dont have that problem standoff.

So What do you guys think of the case?

I will be runnin 5 harddrives, 1 7800GT mite add SLI in future, X2+ cpu, 2 optical etc etc.

The case coolling is only a 120mm in the rear and 2 90mm up front.

Do you think that will be sufficient cooling? no overclocking, this is my file server/gaming system :)

What do you guys think?

I'm leaning towards this because for 170 your gettin that huge case and the 90 buck Antec 550watt.

i dont think that there will be any problem with the cooling the only thing you can do is try it out and see how it all goes

yeah that is true.

i did however find a site when i was looking for cases, that had options for the company to do mods.

for example their was options for like case handles, blowholes, etc, etc.

But for some reason i cant for hte life of me remember the site.

Is their even a site like i described?

Thanks,
Dan

I know both frozencpu & performance-pc's offer optional mods like blowholes/casehandles etc on some of the cases they sell, not sure they do on all models/brands

i wanted to get this case too, i hear that you can put a 120mm in the front instead of the 2 92mm. Only prob is that it comes with that damn psu. I wanna use a dfi expert and that psu doesnt come with an 8 pin connector. If i can find somewhere to sell it for like 100 without the psu that'd be great.

strikeout said:
i wanted to get this case too, i hear that you can put a 120mm in the front instead of the 2 92mm. Only prob is that it comes with that damn psu. I wanna use a dfi expert and that psu doesnt come with an 8 pin connector. If i can find somewhere to sell it for like 100 without the psu that'd be great.

they dont make some kinda of adapter for the 8pin?

you mite wanna try emailing Antec this question, and seeing if possibly you could buy from them without the psu.

They are ranked pretty high in my book for customer support. when i called i didn't get fowared, the first 2 rings an actual person answered.

strikeout said:

I think they can be purchased without the PSU. Secondly, he never said in this thread at least that he was going to use a DFI Expert. That Antec PSU is a good one.

I bought a Titan 550, absolulty love it

Its huge, plenty of space, heavy as all hell fully loaded, i get a sore back every time i move it :D

Cooling is Ok, but it could use a fan over the GPU area IMO, but other then that its a great case.

Back