Antec VS. CM

Clax said:
So right now in my rig i have an antec TruePower 430W PSU.

i recently just won a Coolermaster Realpower 450W psu.

my question is, which one do you think i should put in my rig?

silence is what im looking for, and i kinda like the blue LED in the CM.

CM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817171001
Antec http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928
The Antec is the better PSU with 3% load regulation & max combined +12V@31A,
where the CM is 5% regulation & max combined +12V@22A.

i have the coolermaster 550w and it truly sucks. not sure about the 450, tho. random power-offs, hangs on xp splash screen, sometimes wont start at all (stokes up fans and stuff for about a split second and then dies) usually have to unplug some drives, fans, etc just to boot up. go for the antec.

very truly yours,
politenessman

Antec.Coolermaster makes good cases, but everything else they make is pretty crappy anymore IMO.

tdg said:
Antec.Coolermaster makes good cases, but everything else they make is pretty crappy anymore IMO.

i assume u never seen the 480w neopower... among other psus... ANTECs are one of the best

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i assume u never seen the 480w neopower... among other psus... ANTECs are one of the best

:confused:

It sounds like you think he said coolmaster is better... the title is a blah vs blah, so he chose Antec as the better of the two.

I agree to his post, Coolmaster does make some decent cases - I want a Stacker, anybody else?

perp said:
i have the coolermaster 550w and it truly sucks. not sure about the 450, tho. random power-offs, hangs on xp splash screen, sometimes wont start at all (stokes up fans and stuff for about a split second and then dies) usually have to unplug some drives, fans, etc just to boot up. go for the antec.

very truly yours,
politenessman
How do you know it's the PSU that's causing all that? Could be a number of things.

FanZ said:
:confused:

It sounds like you think he said coolmaster is better... the title is a blah vs blah, so he chose Antec as the better of the two.

I agree to his post, Coolmaster does make some decent cases - I want a Stacker, anybody else?

what u talking about? my rebuttle was to the poster say that antec and coolermaster make crappy PSUs

there's a period between Antec and Coolermaster.

He responded to the question "Antec vs CM" with "Antec."

FanZ said:
there's a period between Antec and Coolermaster.

He responded to the question "Antec vs CM" with "Antec."
I understood the post to be dissing both. :rolleyes:
But upon further inspection, with my reading glasses on, I see your point & his peroid. :eek:

That's my point, tdg, whom you quoted, did not say Antec make crappy PSUs.

This bickering's been going on too long, either you get it or not, or I'm missing the point altogether in the first place.

_Korruption_ said:
How do you know it's the PSU that's causing all that? Could be a number of things.

because when the psu is swapped out for a 600 powerstream none of those things happen, ever, period.
or maybe i just made that claim about the coolermaster for the hell of it.

very truly yours,
politenessman

Back