Anti-Piracy System Turned Into Music Download Site

HardOCP News

[H] News
What happens when record labels decide not to do business with anti-piracy developers like this guy? He gets pissed off and turns his product against them until his “demands are met.” Now that is funny. :D

After failing to do business with some of the leading companies in the entertainment sector, a developer has turned from gamekeeper to poacher. As a protest against what he describes as big business support for online piracy, the dev has transformed his anti-piracy system into a pretty snappy music download site and says he won’t turn it off until his demands are met.

What a perfect setup for a Honeypot operation for the labels! Avoid that site like the plague.

I guess this guy likes it in the pooper or he better get used too it b/c where he's going it's likely to happen a lot I'm sure.

Agreed, imagine what he has to barter now, "Pay me and you get all these IPs."

LOL... ?

What a whiney little nag. Sounds just like he's just butthurt that nobody wanted to pay him for his "amazing" invention, and so he's throwing a tantrum like a little child. Yawn :rolleyes:

What a perfect setup for a Honeypot operation for the labels! Avoid that site like the plague.

Even if you're behind the proxy TOR, connected through a proxy onion proxy network proxy with unsecured wireless on your friends laptop :eek:

I guess this guy likes it in the pooper or he better get used too it b/c where he's going it's likely to happen a lot I'm sure.

Wonder how many people actually take it in the pooper because they downloaded/hosted/etc too many songs? Hint.. rhymes with Nero.

Where exactly is this site scraping these files up? I tried downloading a test file while watching my network monitoring tool but the only site I see being accessed is this one.. Surely he's not hosting all these files, where are they coming from?

Wonder how many people actually take it in the pooper because they downloaded/hosted/etc too many songs? Hint.. rhymes with Nero.

Wonder how many people have taken it the pooper while playing music in the background that was downloaded illegaly....and while being filmed.....

Throughput says what?

Depends on encryption and what you are using to do it/what the TOR/Onion networks capacity is and how quick the slowest connection is in the chain/distance. Youd probably have an epic ping time probably measured in whole seconds and TOR isn't designed for heavy throughput/torrents, but small mp3s should be fine! But yes. slow. :D

ugh, roommate found that site and pulled a song off before I caught him

how long before the RIAA smashes my door in?

He seems rather a bit loony and I wouldn't touch that site with a 10 foot pole - wherever he's going with it, it can't be good.

But he does raise an interesting question. A lot of money is being made from ads on pirate sites. It's obvious where the money is going, but where is it coming from?

Back