Any 30" LED LCD Dual Link 2560x1600 monitor coming in the horizon?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I think LG now has LED LCD in the lower resolution, but is there any 2560x1600 that c/w LED LCD?

I think Samsung used to have 1, but it's discontinue and it was very slow

Doubt it. 30" is a niche market. The closest will be Apple's forthcoming 27" LED LCD with 2560x1440.

Samsung made the XL30 with a rediculas price and now poor support from what I have read.

The XL30 will probubly be the only LED backlight 30 incher ever made, because as stated above 30 inchers are a nitch market and they are expensive to produce.

Dave

No, but the new NEC may be one to watch later this year regardless of LED.

30-inch PA301W: 16:10 display with 2560x1600 resolution

The PA series, announced for the start of 2010 features the IPS technology as well as offering a 3D-LUT (Look up table) for optimal colour control, 10-bit LCD panels, Picture in Picture function, integrated USB hub and the future-proof DisplayPort interface.

Deja vu

Nec provides a professional grade monitor while Dell is consumer-like. The panel between the two may be similar but the guts is where the bulk of the difference lies.

I was just telling some1 else that I'm not sure there is such a thing as high quality LCD anymore. I am just talking about NEC

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1503474&page=9

I tend to agree. Samsung's stuff does not hold up over time and their support isn't any better. I have read numerious complaints like yours reguarding the 305T/305T+. And LG has quality control issues almost constently. Pink/Green/Yellow tint, bad AG coating, uneven BL and so on. NEC trys to build a quality product, but LG QC issues holds them back especially with the 30 inch size.

Without the ATW Polorizer, I do not consider them a Pro quality display.

Dave

Doubt it. 30" is a niche market. The closest will be Apple's forthcoming 27" LED LCD with 2560x1440.

It is funny - I see a ton of threads about 30" monitors - when are new ones coming out and people say - they are a niche market or they don't sell as many as 20" monitors. And while I'm sure that is true, I'm sure BMW sells more 3 series than 7 series, Mercedes sells more "low end" Mercedes than high end, etc. but they come out with new models each year - I don't think they are losing money on their top of the line cars. I'm pretty sure ferrari, lamborghini, bugatti etc are not charities.

I think if some nice new 30" monitors were for sale, people will come. I'm sure like me, many people are saying "do I really want to buy a model that was released 2 or 4 years ago?" I'm looking forward to buying 2 new monitors for myself, plenty for my clients but not until better 30" screens are released. Can you imagine if BMW said - yeah you can buy a 2007 BMW, we don't get as much demand so we'll refresh it in 2011.

It is funny - I see a ton of threads about 30" monitors - when are new ones coming out and people say - they are a niche market or they don't sell as many as 20" monitors. And while I'm sure that is true, I'm sure BMW sells more 3 series than 7 series, Mercedes sells more "low end" Mercedes than high end, etc. but they come out with new models each year - I don't think they are losing money on their top of the line cars. I'm pretty sure ferrari, lamborghini, bugatti etc are not charities.

I think if some nice new 30" monitors were for sale, people will come. I'm sure like me, many people are saying "do I really want to buy a model that was released 2 or 4 years ago?" I'm looking forward to buying 2 new monitors for myself, plenty for my clients but not until better 30" screens are released. Can you imagine if BMW said - yeah you can buy a 2007 BMW, we don't get as much demand so we'll refresh it in 2011.
30" monitors never have been in high demand and their pricing has remained consistently high since they first debuted. Look at 24" prices/demand. When Dell released its first 24" LCD, the 2405FPW, it sold for $900 (I bought one at that price). Over the past few years as prices plummeted, demand has soared. You can snag a decent 24" for $200 now. A three-LCD setup of 24"ers can be had for less than the price of a single 30" LCD. Manufacturers have every incentive to build better 24" LCDs because they sell lots of them. 30" LCDs just don't sell very well. Until they do, you're going to be waiting a long time for any remarkably new 30" LCDs.

Last edited:
Back