Any 7800GTX's with pcb other than green?

Sparrow_69

Gawd
Anyone else noticed that very often, ATI cards are much more esthetically pleasing than their Nvidia counterparts? Nvidia's cards always seem to be green (I do however remember than my Guillemot GF3 was a nice blue with a blue orb and heatsinks on it). However, ATI's cards come in red, blue... Nvidia's cards just seem more blah than ATI's. Anyone know of a 7800gtx with a different colored pcb?

I;ve noticed this, at one point in time i went with a sapphire 9600pro over a fx5600 mostly because the PCB was black and matched my motherboard.

I have a friend that only bought red pcb's for his desktop. Doesnt have it anymore but it was funny to see him turn away nice stuff just so it would match. No nVidia, uses integrated sound. Oh well...he uses only laptops now.

At the moment, they are all probably coming out of the same plant (the PCBs that is) - thus they will all be the same. As the supply progresses, there will be more variety. I've seen red,black and blue nVidia PCBs, it's just at the moment they are all the same, just branded differently.

When I was a noobie here I posted a poll asking people about the color of their PCBs.
When I was doing the research on what colors were out there I found such oddities as yellow and orange!

I wonder if theres ever been a pcb thats white, or deep black, or clear? Odd but makes you wonder.

DangerIsGo said:
I wonder if theres ever been a pcb thats white, or deep black, or clear? Odd but makes you wonder.

I have a black Ti4600 and someone released a silver motherboard PCB once.

dgb said:
I have a black Ti4600 and someone released a silver motherboard PCB once.

yeah, sapphire has a new MB on white pcb that looks amazing. ATI chipset, blah, blah, blah.
and I had a 5700LE that was blue. I'd love for to have a purple 7800 in my box.

The 7800 GTX KO by eVGA is covered front and back by a black aluminum plate so you can't even see the green pcb :) :)

spy_kitty said:
yeah, sapphire has a new MB on white pcb that looks amazing. ATI chipset, blah, blah, blah.
and I had a 5700LE that was blue. I'd love for to have a purple 7800 in my box.

yeah sapphire's new mobo looks so cool... white and red and some black.. its a good combination.

Personally I hate red PCB's. That's just me. I'd take almost any color over them. Personally I don't give a crap what color the cards really are, as long as they deliver the performance.

neubspeed said:
The 7800 GTX KO by eVGA is covered front and back by a black aluminum plate so you can't even see the green pcb :) :)

And they have pink! Thats just special :p

Sir-Fragalot said:
Personally I hate red PCB's. That's just me. I'd take almost any color over them. Personally I don't give a crap what color the cards really are, as long as they deliver the performance.

Personally I like the red pcb's and I really dont like the green ones, although that isnt going to stop me from buying a 7800gtx ^_^

Skimming through some people mentioned alot of white and black PCB's.

Soyo has made a few White PCB motherboards.
Sapphire makes Black PCB Video cards.
ATi has some Purple PCB A-I-W cards, and all of their newer cards are Red.
Chaintech makes Black PCB motherboards.
DFI makes Black PCB motherboards also.
STB Voodoo cards were Black.
XFX makes Blue PCB.
ECS (Elitegroups) I believe has a Purple motherboard.

That's all that I can think of right now.

Borgschulze said:

XFX makes Blue PCB.

ECS also has a shit brown motherboard. Seriously, its just like one of the purple ones, but it was brown. It was a Pentium 4 board I believe. Not sure on the model. It was weird as hell when I saw it.

Abit is orange
Old ti4200's were silver
MSi has red
Gigabyte is all blue
New sapphire board is white

Borgschulze said:

XFX makes Blue PCB.

Asus for as long as I have ben using them uses the stand off brown, as well as black for any Deluxe or Premium board and Blue for their video cards. Albatron use a light blue for theirs as well. And they sell a 7800GTX that is blue.

pandora's box said:
i think a clear pcb would be awesome.
eh.....i dont even lik clear acrylic cases, so i dont think clear pcb would be that nice at all

Back