any ASUS P5W DH Deluxe owners...

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
know how to use the two ez raid ports in non raid or for sata DVD/CD drives...? I have the jumpers set to "Big" (the other option besides raid 0 and raid 1) and it won't recognize the dvd drive...

I have it. I think actually you can only use one of the EZ-Raid ports if they're not together. They share a SATA connetion with a controller I think... if that makes sense.

Go to the asus forums, Ive read something there in the past where you can setup just a single sata drive using it. I'll see if I can find the link

I have it. I think actually you can only use one of the EZ-Raid ports if they're not together. They share a SATA connetion with a controller I think... if that makes sense.

Go to the asus forums, Ive read something there in the past where you can setup just a single sata drive using it. I'll see if I can find the link

thanks crewxp, I went there and read that the EZ RAID 1 port works as a regular SATA port once the RAID options in the bios are disabled, just to see I also tried the EZ RAID 2 port as well and it didn't work while the EZ RAID 1 port was unpopulated...

i'm trying to do the same thing. It's not working. The jumper is on default (Raid 1 - Safe) and in bios, ez backup raid is disable. I cannot get to detect my lite-on dvd burner on either port 1 or 2. Please help, trying to avoid the JMicron port (it adds a few sec to boot time).

Back