Any benchmarks on 2900pro's in crossfire??

These cards are down to $160 on Newegg, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any crossfire benchmarks with these. I have a crossfire board and was considering dual 2900pro's over a single 8800gts (G92). Any input would be great, as google turned up nothing significant.

I don't know about Crossfire benchmarks but at 160, how could you go wrong?

I just bought one myself. Best bang for the buck available and i've owned 8800 GT, HD 3870, 3850, 8800 GTS.

This card owns all at that price point.

I wish I had a Crossfire board, i'd do it without hesitation.

I've played BF2, Crysis, CounterStrike Source, BF 2142....

I used all the same settings as I did with my Galaxy 8800GT (which is on its way to France)
and I can't tell the difference.

Looks like it runs the same as an HD 3870.

I completely maxed out CounterStrike Source to the highest possible settings AA / AF the whole nine yards @ 1440 x 900.

With 8800 GT, the CS stress test is 186 FPS.
With HD 2900 Pro 775 / 1700 its 176 FPS.

And I know there is PLENTY of room to overclock more, considering I have both the 8-pin and 6-pin connectors plugged in.

I absolutely love this card...

I've had mine since.. late october? Paid $279, and at the time well worth it. Exact same card as the 2900xt's with clocks scaled down. Mine has sat at 825/870 since purchase, and although the cooler's definately loud when it gets going, and it sucks some power, it's definately a decent card. In 3d06 I get around 11k with a 2.8 e6400, which is pretty comparable to all the other cards, limited by cpu. I use 2x6 pin's and have noticed no probs. I would grab another and do crossfire if I wasn't limited by both my current motherboard and power supply.

Remember the power requirements though if you buy 2 of them. I have 2 2900XTs, run great in crossfire, the pro's will be pretty much the same with lower clocks, plus they should overclock to atleast close to the 2900XTs clocks if not better.

I've had mine since.. late october? Paid $279, and at the time well worth it. Exact same card as the 2900xt's with clocks scaled down. Mine has sat at 825/870 since purchase, and although the cooler's definately loud when it gets going, and it sucks some power, it's definately a decent card. In 3d06 I get around 11k with a 2.8 e6400, which is pretty comparable to all the other cards, limited by cpu. I use 2x6 pin's and have noticed no probs. I would grab another and do crossfire if I wasn't limited by both my current motherboard and power supply.

You know people complain about the noise....

It isn't any noisier than an HD 3870 or the original stock cooler on an 8800 GT in my opinion.

I was expecting much worse.... a la X1900 XT kinda noise....

Might just be having a CM690, but it's pretty loud when the fan's @ 100% imo.

Being that it's overclocked 225mhz on the core, when I play call of duty 4, you can be sure it hits 100% fan speed :p

I had a x1800xt for 2 years so I can handle the noise. Is a Corsair HX620W enough for two of these cards?

I had a x1800xt for 2 years so I can handle the noise. Is a Corsair HX620W enough for two of these cards?

There's nothing under a 750 watt on the certified list, each card can pulls over 200 watts by themselves. The Corsair is a good ps, but I don't think it will keep up. Especially if you want to overclock.

http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/buildyourown2.html

I'm using a 1000 watt Silverstone Strider with my 2900XTs.

Back