Any benefit to choosing 1.25v mem over 1.5v on SB ?

Well I can say I have the 1.25 Gskill in question and run a 2600K and P67 chipset. And its been rock solid. I've got my 2600K to 4ghz without doing anything to the voltage on the ram and its prime stable

Personally I would go the lower voltage because its less heat produced and less power. Sure difference maybe super minimal but its a start.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping to find someone who has tested the capability of the 1.25v mem, does it scale ? The fact it holds the timings at a lower voltage might indicate more agressive timings or higher speeds with 1.5v ? Or if it's just a newer process that can't take higher voltage ?

I gather these lower-volt sticks do tend to scale a lot, from a few posts at XS, but I haven't really looked into it extensively.

I just want to point out that voltage does not equate to more energy consumed. A lot of people here always say this and its untrue.

Watts = Voltage x Amperage

Something that consumes less voltage can consume more amps to make up the difference. Generally speaking, something that takes equals watts, the high voltage one would typically have a higher energy eficiency vs performance.

I'd go with whatever ram is cheaper. I'd only stay away from the ram that is 1.65v

I have seen some tests for previous low voltage ram vs 1,65v ones and power saving were at like 2-3 Watts

So altrough i have gskill ecos in my rig i have them because they are great oc ram.

Back