Any Blackberry Users Here?

My current job is making it almost impossible for me to live without a PDA, but I really dont want one. I need a new cell phone (dog knocked water on it) and want to switch my carrier anyway (so its really a blessing).

I definetly dont want a PDA and a mobile phone in my pockets so I am thinking a Blackberry or a Treo or the like (although I really dont like the keyboard on the Treo). I am open to other suggestions, but on with the questions....

1. I work for my county (Public Defenders office) so I dont make much and the data plans are going to be too much for me. I get the majority of my meetings sent to me from emails with "accept, tentative, decline" buttons on top that MS Outlook puts right in my calender when I respond (accept/tentative). Is a Blackberry going to be able to sync with Outlook and get these meetings off, or am I going to have to use some Blackberry specific program?

2. The Blackberry syncs with a computer through USB right? (ghetto work computers)

3. Can I manually pull the texts of emails off the computer and put them in? For notes and such? I handle the budget, grants, hiring, payroll, and will be running a campaign for one of our guys, so info sent through email is important.

4. If I all of the above doesn't work does anyone have any other pda/phones that are not huge or uber exspensive?

5. I really like the BBerry because if I get it though Cingular I can buy a used phone, and pull out the SIM card and switch it with the used phone and bring the used one out at night. I must note I'm 25 and still go out to bars, I dont want to bring/break a BBerry out drinking, I would rather break a cheap Nokia. I can pull the SIM out, switch it with a crappy phone and still have my contacts list, right?

Thanks for all and any replys.

I can try and answer number 3 for you. If it has all the same functionalities as a regular pda, then yes it would work that way. sorry I dont know too much about them, and I would assume that if number 3 works, then number 2 would have to work.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking as well, but I haven't really used one out side of the store, and my boss who has one has the data plan and has every thing brought over through that.

I guess if I cant get all the answers before hand I can buy one, use it for 29 days and cancel it. If I like it (it works) I guess I can keep it.

the Blackberry's where I work don't need anything to "sync" - it's all done wirelessly. They used to sync via usb when we first set it up (we have Groupwise and not Outlook but originally had to ADD an Outlook (exchange) server to talk with Groupwise) but now that Groupwise has a built in BB connector, no sycn cable needed.

so answers:
1. - most definitely
2. - might not need to
3 - I don't think so but I could be wrong
4 - Not sure
5 - that would be a pain in the butt - just stick with the crackberry

Question Number 5.

Recently at work we have been switching to Blackberrys. I should have one soon. Alot of the guys have been complaining that the data on the card won't work with the Crackberry. This coming from a whole aray of diferent T-Mobile phones.

What I really want is a portable Audio Device.
I want to be able to connect to my 10/dollar a month Windows Media Player MusicNow service from anywhere in the U.S. Should I just use Verizon wireless?
Can BlackBerry do this?

Particle said:
What I really want is a portable Audio Device.
I want to be able to connect to my 10/dollar a month Windows Media Player MusicNow service from anywhere in the U.S. Should I just use Verizon wireless?
Can BlackBerry do this?

start your own thread!!

Back