Any Canadians forced to use Memofix for RMA?

urbanriot

Limp Gawd
Memofix seems to be a Canadian 'repair depot' that handles RMA for a lot of manufacturer's in the US, such as Antec, Quantum, etc. They used to handle Seagate, but they don't anymore. Basically, you send them a broken item and they'll send you someone elses broken item that they've recently fixed (ie. refurbished).

My issue is that a lot of items they've sent back to me are all failing within months of receving back. I recently had a Quantum tape drive come back that started eating new tapes (Certance, the ones they recommend), and another Quantum autloader that caused the server it was attached to, to randomly reboot. Both of these experiences prompted me to switch completely from Quantum to HP for tape product. I also had a client that sent a hard drive there for recovery, and they completely botched it and avoided the client for months (drive sent to Seagate Recovery Services and they did an ace job, in less than a week).

So, in light of my recent awful experiences, I was wondering if any other Canadian [H]'ers have used Memofix and received similar poor service?

Back