Any chance of GTX970 prices dropping soon?

SLiGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm deciding to make this thread here because I want to talk strictly about prices, let's please leave the "omg nvidia is just a bunch of filthy lying bastards" debate out of this :)

That said, any chance of GTX 970 prices dropping soon? I know the GTX 960 just came out and all but it still seems to be quite a gap between the two (both price and performance) on the nVidia side of things, unless they plan to introduce a 960Ti. I also know 290/290X prices are dropping, but I would prefer to stay with nVidia for reasons that I'd rather not debate about right now (namely power and heat, brand preference, a few other things). Do you guys think there's a possibility 970 prices will fall to compete with falling 290/X prices (and maybe to help a bit of the VRAMgate backlash), or are we going to have to wait until 380/390X comes out to see more price drops?

Igrooock beat me to it. For example you can pick up a brand new MSI R9 290x for $259 right now only because nvidia has the newest cards available right now.

Back