Any chipset drivers available for my ABS?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Guys,

In regards to my laptop in my sig, any chipset drivers needed? I looked on the ABS website, and saw nothing..

Any advice?

thanks

That is kind of weird they have no chipset drivers listed for several models. I couldnt believe that Windows has the most updated chipset drivers. If you can figure out the ODM (Clevo/Asus/Uniwill/etc.) for that particular model you may be able to get the drivers from the ODM website instead. Just a thought.

just get the chipset drivers from the maker of the chipset itself...that's the best way to do it anyway, since the drivers on the system builder's website are usually older.

You'll have to look up which chipset it has, but I think it's probably an SIS chipset, or maybe the via K8T800. I think most A64 laptops use some particular SIS chipset.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
just get the chipset drivers from the maker of the chipset itself...that's the best way to do it anyway, since the drivers on the system builder's website are usually older.

You'll have to look up which chipset it has, but I think it's probably an SIS chipset, or maybe the via K8T800. I think most A64 laptops use some particular SIS chipset.

is there a program that will help me determine the chipset?

eh...cpu-z should tell it to you. Or wcpuid. You can also open up the device manager and look in the "system devices" list and it will tell you at least the manufacturer, but perhaps not the EXACT chipset.

Back