Any clue?

swflbatth

Weaksauce
Anyone have a clue what could be causing this problem. When playing a game such as Farcry, the game will start out with just a little staticy sounding. After playing for a while, the sound will b/c some bad that you can't understand the voices. Not much longer after this the comp will reset. I have the onboard sound turned off, and the only drivers I have installed are the Nvidia PCI management ones. The drivers for the sound card are the latest from off the web, which I updated due to this problem, yet still its no better. What is odd is that this is only a recent problem. Before my PSU and MB went bad a few months ago, games ran fine. Once I got my replacements (took 3 freaking months) I did a fresh install of windows and such. Now, I am having this issue. I would really help it if someone could help me locate the problem. Thanks.

take out your soundcard and uninstall the drivers.

Then set up your onboard and see if the sound works. Obviously its not EAX but if the onboard gives you undistorted sound, then your soundcard is messed

Ok, so I tried looking at a buncha approaches. For one I found out that the sound card was IRQ sharing with one of my video cards on IRQ 19. I tried all sorts of approaches to get it to stop sharing IRQ; I disabled on board devices, etc. reinstalled windows multiple times, tried swapping slots, but then it was on the IRQ 18 with my other video card. Ok, so after having some RAID driver issues, I took out the sound card, uninstalled it and switched to onboard sound. I started up Farcry, and the sound was fine. But then I realized I hadn't updated it to v1.33 since I had reinstalled the game. So I updated it and the sound issues were back!! So, I checked, and the onboard sound was on the same IRQ as the SATA controller, IRQ 20. But I wouldn't think that this would give the exact some sound/reset problems as sharing IRQ with the video card would. So do you all think this is an IRQ issue? I dunno what it could possibly be and I just wanna get the dang thing resolved if ya know what I mean.

Back