Any converters to make a 24-Pin a 20 pin?

LiquidX

2[H]4U
I bought the wrong PSU but before I go and buy another one are there any converters to make a 24-Pin a 20 pin?

Spectre you a life saver, did a search on the egg an didnt find one. Thanks alot. :)

LiquidX said:
Spectre you a life saver, did a search on the egg an didnt find one. Thanks alot. :)

No problem. Just got hit the right search string.

also, FWIW, you can just let the extra 4 pins hang off the side, space permitting around the plug. Also, it's keyed so you can't plug it in wrong even like that

Vertigo Acid said:
also, FWIW, you can just let the extra 4 pins hang off the side, space permitting around the plug. Also, it's keyed so you can't plug it in wrong even like that

True. I know you can't though on the Asus K8V SE Deluxe there are caps in the way in my case :rolleyes: Thanks Asus :rolleyes:

Vertigo Acid said:

Thats great and I new I should have tried that. Thanks alot but is this safe? No risk or burning out the mobo?

LiquidX said:
Thats great and I new I should have tried that. Thanks alot but is this safe? No risk or burning out the mobo?

Works fine so long as it stays seated.

Are there any negatives in going 24 -> 20? I read that there are often problems with overclocking when using a 20 -> 24 adapter, so I am curious as to whether or not the same is true when going 24 -> 20.

DarkenReaper57 said:
Are there any negatives in going 24 -> 20? I read that there are often problems with overclocking when using a 20 -> 24 adapter, so I am curious as to whether or not the same is true when going 24 -> 20.

Just a little increased resistance, AFIAK.

Liam said:
Just a little increased resistance, AFIAK.

True. Any adapter will add resistance. The resistance here is mostly on the 3.3v line.

LiquidX said:

none
I run an old 20 pin Shuttle\Celeron off a 2U EPS12V (24 pin) that way
the clips dont line up thats about it
if there is stress on the connector and you cant deal with it any other way a spot of hotglue will see ya ;)

Back