Any Good, Quiet 60mm Case Fans?

achensherd

Limp Gawd
I have a Raidmax ITX-0907-BP ITX computer case that can accommodate 3 case fans: 1 x 80mm and 2 x 60mm. The 80mm fan's accounted for already, but 60mm fans are seemingly impossible to find with good (as in quiet) noise levels. The only supposedly quiet ones that I can find are made by SilenX, but looking through the reviews for their products it seems they pretty consistently have high failure rates, which is a no-go especially considering they're over $10 a pop.

The easiest solution is probably to swap the case for one that can accommodate larger fans, since "60mm" and "quiet" don't go together anyway, but I really don't want to add any more to my mountain of spare parts (especially a case), so... anyone have any suggestions? I don't need them to be whisper-quiet, but the last two I got (before I learned to appreciate dBA ratings) made my computer literally sound like a blow dryer.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Will the fans be controled by the motherboard? or will they be at their highest at all times?

Will the fans be controled by the motherboard? or will they be at their highest at all times?

Highest at all times; the ITX board I have only has one 3-pin fan connector, and that's already taken by the front 80mm intake fan.

Back