any LCD monitor that lets you control backlight

LxT

Limp Gawd
I have a problem with 24"+ monitor being too bright. Is there one that lets me control the backlight, like with LCD TVs? thanks.

Are you talking about brightness and contrast control?

All monitors have these basic features.

A monitor's brightness control should alter the backlight brightness. Some don't but that is the minority of the screens. Which 24" are you using?

Most are too bright by default.

I have a problem with 24"+ monitor being too bright. Is there one that lets me control the backlight, like with LCD TVs? thanks.

TV has a backlight control separate from contrast and brightness, which really control the black and white levels. my problems with all the large LCDs is they're way too bright. I can't use them comfortably unless I turn down brightness so much that I'm crushing details and dark colors. That's why I like to have a backlight control, which truly adjusts the brightness of the display without unduly affecting the picture.

On most LCD monitors, the brightness setting is the backlight control. On some monitors, the brightness setting will turn into a black level setting below a certain point, which crushes dark colors, but most monitors don't do that. Only a few monitors have no backlight control at all.

If you're looking for an IPS panel, the HP LP2475w can reportedly go down to a low brightness without crushing dark colors or losing contrast.

TV has a backlight control separate from contrast and brightness, which really control the black and white levels. my problems with all the large LCDs is they're way too bright. I can't use them comfortably unless I turn down brightness so much that I'm crushing details and dark colors. That's why I like to have a backlight control, which truly adjusts the brightness of the display without unduly affecting the picture.

Oh man, can you finally tell us the great secret: WHAT LCDs ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? What are you using and which have you tested.

Oh man, can you finally tell us the great secret: WHAT LCDs ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? What are you using and which have you tested.

Probably generic VA panels. Never seen a monitor that did that except some of those and also the DS-265

Back