Any luck with PCI video card coolers?

HOTPOOP

n00b
I've been wanting to overclock my 9800Pro without buying a VGA silencer or doing anything that would involve modding my card. That's later on for me. I thought I was out of luck until I found this:

http://atacom.com/program/print_htm...206_175&Item_code=FANV_VANT_FC_70&USER_ID=www

I've read some reviews and they look promising, but I can't seem to find any that included the temperatures of their video card before and after the PCI VGA cooler.

Anyone have any luck with this or something similar blowing on a video card? :)

that looks like a nice one...

I have heard that they work okay for light overclocking.

I say, give it a try...

Most graphics cards have a minimal amount of air flow over them, so I'd think two large fans straight at your card would do wonders. It gets your GPU fan a lot more cool air, makes RAM sinks actually effective, and cools power thingies ( :) )

My card didn't come with RAM sinks. I think I'll buy the PCI fan along with a few RAM sinks to maximize the efficiency. :)

I was looking into something similar for the same reasons, but I ended up getting a pci exhaust blower and putting it right next to my vid card. Basically I needed another hot air exhaust to keep air moving without having to mod my case or pull the retail hsf off my vid card.

The only problem with that card cooler is that is does nothing to actually cool the air down in the case. It will just blow more of the same air around. You may find better results by adding in another intake and a small exhaust (what I did).

I'll be doing something similar...I currently have a HP Pavilon case which is pretty small...So I'm thinking of sticking a window on one side of it and putting two 80MM fan holes in the window which would bring cool air in. I already have a pretty big fan on the back of it that pulls air in.

I have used one in the past, the one I had worked ok, although it was nothing spectacular.

You are better off modding your card, but this is a start.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I think i saw that in a Max PC mag.. and they said it was pretty good...

Oooooh Maximum PC...I want to love you so much, but then you spout so much bad information and I'm forced to not like you as much...

Yeah, this is one product I agree with their view on.

why don't you mod a 2x80mm fans sucking "cool" air from the base of the casing. this is where you'll need to make 2 blowholes (suckholes) at the base of the casing and blow it directly at the vga card.

So what would you say which one to go with?

That nice slot fan at top OR a couple fans pointing straight at the card...

I'll probably be getting something like this.

I've always wanted to mod my HP Pavilion just for shits and giggles...This should be fun. :)

Back