Any netbooks with a nipple?

Menelmarar

Supreme [H]ardness
I have not come across a touch pad I can use. Apple, Lenovo, Dell, blech. The nipple is what I want on a laptop, fingers never have to leave the home row and it's very intuitive for me.

My laptop is taking a serious crap on me. I don't need much processing power. I basically just use it on the road to log in to IM/email or checking financial stuff. Very little use, I think a netbook would be ideal.

Googling. All I can find is a Sony 8" that is just too small to use, and a really expensive NEC that is only available in Japan :(

Trackpoint.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=AD7535A40F8845ABAEAC52D528B8C921

Far left. Is there something about this model that won't work for you? Owning a Thinkpad I figured you'd consider one of these first.
Never again, every thinkpad my family has had has had problems. Mine R32, my sisters T42, mothers T6x. All crash prone. Lost tons of work. Mine is barely limping along, blue screens often. The optical drive has stopped working. I have to continuously toggle the wifi on and off to try and get it to authenticate. Battery is not longer recognized, only works via power cord.

I've never seen a stable good working Thinkpad, despite what most say online. We've only had so many because Dad works for IBM and can sometimes get some outrageous deals that are too good to pass up, and who knows, maybe they'll get a system right one day...? But I'm tired of the headaches.

Intersting, I hadn't seen those models. But no to AMD platform... that's not happening. Had no clue Lenovo was taking them that route, but I'd be seriously wary with the way they F up Intel platforms. Had my fair share of headaches in the K6 and Athlon and VIA chipset days to blow my money there.

I'm heavily leaning Latitude E5400/E6400, they are just bigger than what I need. Basically same size I have now, so it's manageable. But more portable would be nice... Their smaller ones have no 'trackpoints'

Ah well, IBM Thinkpads were a beast of a computer when they were actually made by IBM. Nipple lol... :p

HP NC4400

You might like this, it's small and compact and a new battery will last about 4-5 hours. I own one, and it works pretty good. Durable too. Only problem is, no CD/DVD drive, and no where to put one. 12.1inch screen. I would sell you mine right now, but I need it for awhile still. :D

Ah well, IBM Thinkpads were a beast of a computer when they were actually made by IBM. Nipple lol... :p

HP NC4400

You might like this, it's small and compact and a new battery will last about 4-5 hours. I own one, and it works pretty good. Durable too. Only problem is, no CD/DVD drive, and no where to put one. 12.1inch screen. I would sell you mine right now, but I need it for awhile still. :D
Good find. Not bad prices used. Wonder why they stopped making a laptop like this, an updated one would be hotter. hmmm but the CPU is plenty for my needs.

If you're looking for something in the netbook size, but not necessarily price, the Fujistsu Lifebook P1630 is an expensive option. Older P16XX models with Core Solos or Pentium Ms go for around $500 on eBay.

I wouldn't write off the thinkpads so quickly; I have an X301, my dad has an X300, and my mom has a T400; all of them have been functioning beautifully so far.

If you definitely don't want one though, I'm pretty sure the Dell Latitudes have trackpoints.

Yeah. thinkpad's are great. ive had an x40, a T61, an X61, an X200, and none ever gave me problems.

it IS a netbook with a pointing stick/nipple.

I'd hold out till they put a CULV platform in it, though.
the AMD is a weak energy hog.

Back