Any news on the new nForce4 SLI x16 based boards?

BoB-O TiVo

Limp Gawd
The subject says it all. I've heard rumplings about the Asus A8N32-SLI Premium, but nothing else. Anybody hear anything?

BoB

ive only heard from what i heard from Anandtech and they made it sound like it was a upgrade in drivers that allowed this...not for sure tho...hoping to hear more about it and seeing benchmarks

AndoOKC1 said:
ive only heard from what i heard from Anandtech and they made it sound like it was a upgrade in drivers that allowed this...not for sure tho...hoping to hear more about it and seeing benchmarks

If im not mistaken, benchmarks will not improve. They should stay exactly the same how they are now. Games and programs dont even come close in utlilizing that much bandwidth. Games dont even use all of AGP 8x bandwidth.

Lazy_Moron said:
If im not mistaken, benchmarks will not improve. They should stay exactly the same how they are now. Games and programs dont even come close in utlilizing that much bandwidth. Games dont even use all of AGP 8x bandwidth.

There are other things in the world besides games. :)

Like x8 PCIe RAID cards.

BoB

BoB-O TiVo said:
There are other things in the world besides games. :)

Like x8 PCIe RAID cards.
But if they manage x16 + x16, then they can probably manage x8 + x8 + x8, allowing SLI *and* an x8 RAID card. Everybody wins. (Then again, my checkbook hopes they don't.)

Zamboni said:
But if they manage x16 + x16, then they can probably manage x8 + x8 + x8, allowing SLI *and* an x8 RAID card. Everybody wins. (Then again, my checkbook hopes they don't.)

Yeah, but today's boards don't even offer true x8+x8. If you put a non-graphics card in one of the x16 slots and turn on SLI things don't work. At least with SLI X16 chipset, you get full bandwidth in both slots. I don't need SLI anyway; I'm building a dev workstation.

Back