Any one else using home internet from cell phone companies?

dasbas99

n00b
I have the arcadian 5g gateway and unlimited data plan for 55$ through metro and so far it's been wonderful.I don't use it for online gaming just internet browsing and 4k videos.I have had no issues with it and speeds have been excellent with no heavy slowdown even with over 1.5tb used this month.Any one else with home internet using 4g/5g from other cell providers?

I tried Tmobile 5G home internet and it stright up sux donkey left nutsaq for gaming. Fuck that garbage.

I installed Tmobile 5G for my parents replacing "up to 10Mbit DSL" ,read 3Mbps down and 384Kbps up on a good day, and could not be happier with the results. At present the only options they have are the previously mentioned DSL, Starlink and Tmobile. I'll also add that Tmobile was the cheapest option as well. Their primary, read only, usage is streaming and web browsing so gaming, wtf games on wireless anyway, was not a consideration.

I also noticed in my area cox wifi for 50$ with 1.2tb limit can also be gotten through boost mobile.I like t-mobile's better since the unlimited plan was available instead of the lite plan which is only 100gigs.

I ran Verizon's for a few months. No real complaints, I tested pfsense with it as a backup/failover connection. It was comparable to Spectrums base package at the time, I was able to get ~300/10 on 5g. If I had to put a negative, it would be the obvious one of location. At the time I didn't have a good way to place it in/near our living room window for best coverage so it sat in the middle of the house. I tried it in the basement near my computer stuff and it knocked it down to about ~100/8. Again, not a real "issue" as it is a known limitation.

If you have Verizon, you can package it for 25mo too. I'm considering it again for that reason.

I was using AT&T DSL, that had an 18 mbps download, 2 mbps upload, and until last week, that was the only internet option in my neighborhood aside from Spectrum, which I absolutely hate.

I just got my AT&T Internet Air installed. So far, it's pretty smooth, and I don't notice any real difference when playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. My kid's streaming Disney Plus at the same time, and things look nice and stable. I did have one episode where there was a bit of lag for about 1 second, but aside from that, I finished a master mode flashpoint without any issues.

I did have to put the 5G hub next to my window, since my house's walls have a layer of aluminum in them.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Spectrum internet has had lots of issues so I bought tmobile as a backup. The download speeds are fine but the upload speeds are pretty bad. Still, for the price, it can get the job done when Spectrum goes down.

Back