any one use SonicStage 3.1?

Jason711

Supreme [H]ardness
it fails to convert some of my mp3's and put them on MD.... it gives no explanation other than it does not support the specified format. its an mp3 like all the rest!? i dont understand. :confused:

any help would be great.

Upgrade to SS 3.2 - I had similar conversion to Atrac issues with 3.1

Some tracks just didn't convert and Windows would lock up. After I upgraded to 3.2 no more probs.

off-topic I know but DAMN, Sonic Stage is a smoldering pile of crap, at least when it comes to my sony network walkman mp3 player.

havent used 3.2 yet, ill check it out next time i make a new disk. but other than that, yes.. it has been a very frustrating program.

It choked on some VBRs and some high bitrates for me, though I haven't burnt a MiniDisc in quite a while. Hated that fucking program, totally killed MD.

sony ruined the MD... has to be one of the most underestimated formats of all time. i love it... the CD just plain sucks in comparison.

stunna said:
what were the advantages of the MD player?
Removable media, gapless playback (with Atrac), recording options.

If you have MP3s, get a 2nd gen HiMD players. They can play MP3s natively (still requires Sonicstage for transfer though) without converting to Atrac.

stunna said:
what were the advantages of the MD player?

the media is cheap and is much more durable than a cd. they are rewriteable. you can record from anything that has analog/optical outputs. you can even record from a mic.

using LP2 recording i can fit nearly 40 songs on a disc.. (example)

hi-md has a much higher capacity..

oh i see
are md players still cheap ?
i remeber seeing a few of them around

Back